Ch.9 Girlfriend?

Ch.9 (Joey’s POV)

    “What the he- , heck, are you doing here?!” I say. Why would she just show up like this?

    “What? I can’t show up for MY daughter’s birthday.” Tiffany says.

    “Since when is she YOUR daughter? I am pretty sure you haven’t been her mother since you walked out.” I say.

    “Joey, I made a mistake and I just want to have a chance to be her mother again…” Tiffany sounded sincere but when she said she loved me she sounded like that too.

    “Tiffany, just leave, you already made your decision.” I say.

    “Joey, I don’t have anywhere to go, my business back home fell through.” Tiffany said sadly. I almost felt bad for her.

    “Tiffany, I am sorry it didn’t work out for you but I am not sure I can just push you into Emma’s life now.” I say.

    “Maybe Emma wants me in her life, are you saying she has never asked about me? Never wanted a mother? When every other kid at school had one and she didn’t, You don’t think that caused her stress?” Tiffany says.

    I was at a loss for what to do. I did care about her at one point in my life and I couldn’t just kick her out on the street.

    “Fine, you have a week to stay in the guest room and get back on your feet or find another place to live, but I am not telling Emma you are her mother.” I say.

    “Thank You Joey!!” She almost jumps on me and I can tell she was going to go in for a kiss when over her shoulder I see Annabelle. I push Tiffany away, lucky to have had Annabelle walk in. I walk over to her and put my arm around her shoulder.

    “Tiffany this is Annabelle, my girlfriend.” I can feel Annabelle tense under me but she smiles along with it.

    “Nice to meet you Tiffany!” Annabelle says and sticks out her hand.

    “Yeah..” Tiffany says but doesn’t take Annabelle’s hand and turns to me.

    “I am going to go get my things and put them upstairs.” Tiffany walks out the door and Annabelle turns to me.

    “Joey, why is she staying here?” Annabelle asks confused.

    “She needed a place to go but she will be gone in a week. I couldn’t just kick her out on the street.” I say. Annabelle nods with understanding, I was glad she trusted me.

    “And the thing you said before?.. was that just to keep Tiffany away or..?” I give Annabelle a playful smile.

    “It can be true if you want it to be?” I take her hands and turn towards her.

    “I want it to be.” She says in almost a whisper.

    “I’m sorry? I couldn’t hear you.” I put my hand up to my ear and smile.

    “I want to be your girlfriend.” she says a little louder. I lean down a give her a light kiss that makes her lean towards me wanting more. I pull back and smile.

    "How about we go out for dinner Tuesday night? You can meet me here then I’ll drive?” I say.

    “Sounds Amazing.” She gives me a huge smile.

    “Great, let’s get back to the party.” We both walk back outside.

Later That Night (Annabelle’s POV)

I wasn’t sure how I felt about Joey’s Ex staying at his house for a week, but I trusted him. She was Emma’s mother even if she wasn’t what I would call a great one. On the good side I had another date with Joey, Tuesday, and I couldn’t be happier. My life seemed to be all coming together. I had the job of my dreams and the man of my dreams, literally.

Thinking back on the times I used to be obsessed with Joey makes me laugh, I never thought any of those things I dreamt up would come true. If only I had known back then what I do now.

I walk downstairs to brush Magic, give him his feed for the night and just think about Tuesday.

Same Time That Night For Joey (Joey’s POV)

It had been a little hard explaining to Emma why Tiffany was here. I ended up telling her she was just a friend. I wasn’t sure I would ever tell Emma that Tiffany was her mother. I would have to see how long she decided to stay around this time.

I was making dinner when I heard Tiffany come down the stairs. I felt like I had went back in time. I suddenly feel hands on my hips and spin around to see Tiffany acting all seductive like she used to when we were together.

“Tiffany! Stop!” I yell, but not loud enough for ears upstairs to hear.

“Why Joey? Didn’t you miss me?” She takes a finger and runs it down my chest. I push her hand away.

“We aren’t together anymore! In Fact it has been 8 years since we have been together! I have a girlfriend!” Tiffany now looked angry.

“Who?! That hick? What does she offer you Joey?!” I was fuming. How the hell does she come into my house and say shit like that?! I calm down before I say anything else. I was above this childish behavior but there was a time I would have fought over her stupid name calling.

“Tiffany the only reason you are here is so you aren’t homeless! so I suggest you shut up!” I say and turn back to the stove.

“I just know you can do better.” Tiffany says quietly. I ignore her.

“Emma! Dinner!” I yell up the stairs.

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so nice to people.