one

"OUUCH!" I whined as I fell flat on the floor, startled by the sound of my annoying phone alarm. Today is the first day of my last year of high school and I'm honestly so nervous.

"KAYLA WAKE UP!" I heard my mum yell from all the way downstairs. "MOM I'M ALREADY UP!" I shouted back. "ALRIGHT SWEETIE JUST CHECKING, BY THE WAY BREAKFAST IS READY!" She yelled as I grunted picking myself off the floor.

Wait did she say breakfast is ready? She never makes me breakfast.

I check the time and I realize I have no time to take a shower. Amazing. Looking homeless is always fun. *cue eyeroll* I rushed into my small personal bathroom, brushed my teeth and put my straight black hair into a messy bun. I applied some foundation, blush and a bit of mascara with some eyeliner to my tired looking eyes.

Makeup, check.

I walked into my tiny walk in closet and looked for something to wear. I decided on wearing my black Panic! At the Disco crop top and black ripped skinny jeans.

Bummy clothes, also check.

I grabbed my keys off my night stand and ran downstairs. Welp, thanks for the effort mom but I've got no time to sit and eat. I quickly snatched my waffles and grabbed a water bottle out the fridge, then slipped on my black and white checkered vans and said goodbye to my mom.

I pulled out my phone and texted my best friend Kacey. "Hey, on my way be outside in a min :)" We live near each other so it doesn't take long to get there. "kk :)" she texted back. I hopped in my shitty little car and went on my way. As I pulled up to her driveway I had already seen her standing and waving with a big smile plastered on her face. God I've missed her. It's hard not getting to see your best friend all summer long, and no, facetime dosen't count!

"Hey boo!" she screamed as she got into my car, instantly leaning over to hug me. "Hey! I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed. As we were on our way to school to school, Kacey plugged in her aux cord and began playing Fourth of July by Fall Out Boy. We literally have the same taste in music, so I was quite happy with her song choice. By the time a couple songs had finished playing, we had reached our school. Or as I like to call it, a slightly worse version of hell. I parked the car and we both stepped out.

As we were walking up the steps to the front door, I seen Bryce, My ex. "Hey gorgeous long time no see." He smirks as I walk pass him ignoring his very existence

"Nice jeans, makes that ass of yours look hella fine." He whistled while his obnoxious friends all laughed like retarded hyenas. Kacey turned and flipped them off while I rolled my eyes at his comment and walked inside. "I don't know what you ever saw in him." she said while exhaling heavily. I pinched the bridge of my nose while shaking my head "Ugh, neither do I" I admitted and dramatically fake gagged. We both bursted out laughing before  Kacey asked "What class do you have first?" curiosity in her voice. "Um lemme' check" I said while I slid my backpack off of my shoulder, opening it to dig for my schedule. "Uh, I've got chemistry with..."

I squinted my eyes at the name...

"Mr. Styles."

"Have you ever heard of him?" I asked unsure of who my teacher was. "No, he's probably new." She said shrugging. "Right now I have Math with Mrs. Robertson. Wish we had the same first period." Kacey said with a sigh. "Me too, But I'll see ya at lunch" I say as I embrace her in a small warm hug. As I was walking down the hall, I seen what's supposed to be my new locker.
I put my lock on and put some pictures inside... of Ryan Ross and Cole Sprouse of course. ;) I then closed my locker and continued down the hall. Once I got to room 502, I took a deep breath before walking in. I could tell I was late because the whole class was staring at me like I had just killed 5 people. Or even worse... like I had no pants on and were only in a pair of Care Bears underwear.

"Hello, come in and find a seat." Said an English voice that came from a tall man with curly brown hair who I'm guessing is my teacher. Well hot damn.

He's a lot more attractive than I had anticipated...

and younger.