Chapter 30: Terrified

Comenzar desde el principio

"Then why not tell everyone he's down in the tunnels? Afraid they'll kill him?" Mustang asked and I met his stare.

"Because he isn't down there anymore, not fully at least. He's probably everywhere at this point," I replied.

"You didn't answer me. Are you scared they will kill him? He still looks the same even though you say they are different people," Mustang argued. "You could have attacked him, but you didn't. You let him leave."

I closed my eyes. "What do you want me to say? That I still don't want him to die? That I hope that Selim is somewhere in there and that we can bring out like the last time? Is that what you want me to say? Fine. I'll say it. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HIM. ARE YOU HAPPY?! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!" They hurried out with Sara giving me a sympathetic look. 

My phone started ringing. I walked over and picked it up. "What?!"

"Levy! What's wrong?!" Alex yelled into the phone.

"Bad day, why are you calling? Aren't you supposed to be in hiding?" I asked. 

"Olivier says that Father is back," he replied more solemnly. 

"Yeah, I forgot she called you in. You know where the Mustangs are?" I asked.

"Old hiding spot far away," he replied.

"Yeah well their kid is here," I replied.

"Ah! Mustangs, Elrics, and Armstrongs working together again!" he shouted and I rolled my eyes. 

"Why are you calling if you're coming here?" I asked.

"I need you to get me inside, I'm not in uniform," he replied.

"Yeah head up here, I'll get dressed and meet you outside. You owe me, got it?" I said and he laughed before I hung up. Things were going to get more interesting. I got dressed in civilian clothes and tied on my boots before leaving my room with my coat in my hands. I got to the door that lead outside before I was stopped.

"Where you going Levy?" someone asked.

"Colonel Armstrong is coming, but he can't get in," I replied. "So I'm going out."

"Not alone," he said.

"This isn't time for my mother's instructions," I argued.

"Orders," he corrected. "Wait until I get some men to go with you." A soldier blocked the door while he walked away.

"You know I'm a higher rank!" I shouted at him.

"Not higher than your mother!" he shouted back and I crossed my arms over my chest. It was a few minutes before he came back with some low ranked soldiers. 

"Gentlemen, you are to accompany Levy to fetch the beloved brother of our dear Ice Queen," he said. They saluted him while I rolled my eyes. 

"Are we ready now? I don't think Alex wants to freeze," I asked.

"Yes Levy," he replied and I put on my coat and walked outside followed by the two soldiers. But I didn't see Alex. 

"He should be here by now," I muttered before I kept walking. Even in the snow my uncle wasn't slow. Nothing could slow that man down, it just wasn't humanly possible. 

They took down Izumi and Sig. 

I ran. He had to be here somewhere. I would ran all the way to the town to find him. 

They wouldn't risk keeping him alive. 

This was the only time in my life I wished both my legs were automail I would be able to move faster if they were. I had to find Alex. I ran into the beginnings of destruction before I saw anything substantial. It took a minute before I saw him, lying on the ground.