lights, camera, action

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION

"Turn this way!" The photographer yelled in my direction as I followed his rules. "Excellent!" He shouted, grinning from ear to ear. It took everything to contain my excitement. This was one of many shoots for my new hair line, and I was so excited to show it to the world in two weeks. I wore a summery dress and my wavy wig, which was my favorite. I posed and twirled like I was Naomi Campbell. After the shoot, I met up with Phaedra to discuss business. She wore a white blouse with Chanel brooches. She also wore black slacks and strappy heels. Her freshly highlighted hair was pinned up and she scrolled through her iPad. I tapped her on the shoulder, startling her. She let out a laugh and we hugged. The waitress came and took our orders. "So how is everything looking from a legal standpoint?" I asked. Phaedra went over the numbers in her legal business talk, and it went straight over my head. "Girl, I didn't understand a damn thing you said" I guffawed, and she joined me. "Soooooooo, how's everything with Odell?" Phaedra sang seductively while poking her tongue out. Since the trip to DR, we've exchanged numbers and texted only a couple of times, but his texts were always lively and enchanting. We've haven't physically seen each other, but we were following each other on social media, and the gossip blogs noticed. I sent out a tweet telling them to "mind their business" and "Odell is like a brother to me" hoping they'll fall back, but as long as they were thirsty for traffic, they'll always come back sniffing like ravenous dogs. Hopefully some other celebrity would do something stupid and the heat would be off of us. As the days leading up to the official launch of my hair line approached, I became so nervous. I also did my commercials for my cosmetics line with the assistance of my best friend rapper Trina. She was what I needed for my brand: a hood beauty. We joked around on set as we mad silly faces in the cameras. After our session was done, we left to grab a quick bite to eat. "So, what's been going on girl?" Trina asked, grabbing a few of my fries. "Girl nothing, just securing these bags. Congrats on that hot new single!" I twerked in my seat and Trina let out her famous laugh. "How was the Dominican Republic and why wasn't I invited?" She asked, tossing her hair behind her ear. "I just needed to clear my head. But guess who was there?!"
"Who?!"
"Odell!"
"The football player with the blonde hair?"
"yes girl, and he and I grabbed something to eat together" Trina's eyes bulged at the revelation. "Girl, you're lying! Was Vic there?"
"Yes, and he went for Odell's throat" I replied as Trina gasped. "I told him to not worry about it because he won't do shit"
"He can't do shit. Girl, just live honey. If you wanna give O some grown woman coonta, go right ahead. Even though he loves problematic whiteys. I heard about him and that crazy plastic Becky". We both rolled our eyes and laughed. It felt so good to have people in my corner who loved me.

The day finally arrived! The official launch of both my cosmetic and hair lines! I decided to throw a party at a big warehouse club in LA. The house was wall to wall with people everywhere. The hair bundles were selling and so was the makeup. I was getting mine touched up, and a florist brought me 2 bouquets of sunflowers. As the crew exchanged oohs and ahhs, I opened the card to see a cute note:

"Keep reaching for the stars! #moreblessings, O"

A big smile crept on my face for a full 3 seconds, then I calmed myself down.