Chapter 8

This morning you got up bright and early with Tsu'tey and went out on your hunt. Tsu'tey had already informed you that he can't help you at all. He can only watch and evaluate how you do everything he taught you so you were on your own with this one. You had an arrow nocked on your bow and was silently creeping through the forest of Pandora trailing a lone Hexapede who must have gotten lost from his herd. You were crouched in postision with Tsu'tey about 2 feet away from you looking at your every move. You had the Hexapede in sight, aimed, and with your heart thumping in your chest, fired. You saw the arrow hit it cleanly in the middle of it's and chest and heard the thump as it entered. When you got to it, it was still alive so you took your knife and while saying the words Tsu'tey taught you, ended it's suffering.
"I See you brother and thank you. Your spirit goes to Eywa. Your body stays behind to become apart of the people". You sheathed your knife and looked to Tsu'tey who had a small prideful smile. "You are ready".

Time Skip
The next day you, Jake, Tsu'tey, and 2 other young hunters were travelling to Iknimaya. You were so excited to be doing this. To get your own Ikran and ride side by side with Tsu'tey but that wasn't the only thing you couldn't wait for with Tsu'tey. You couldn't wait to be one of the people. To have a place forever among the Omaticaya.

To get there you had to climb vines and jump from rock to rock until you passed through a cave and came to one of the best views on Pandora. A view of Iknimaya with all the Ikran flying around. You were so engrossed in the sight that you were only snapped out of it when Netiri flew to the cliff and latched on blocking your view. She got off and greeted Tsu'tey then walked over to Jake and I.
"I See you" she said to both of us. We both nodded and smiled. She took Jake away to talk to him until Tsu'tey announced that Jake would go first. Netiri followed behind Jake as the other 2 hunters. You were trailing behind when suddenly Tsu'tey pulled you back and turned you to face him. He had an almost sad look on his face but his eyes were full of love. Love for you. Very different from the cold stoic Tsu'tey everyone knows but that's just how he was around you. He grabbed your face with both hands and pressed his lips to yours. You immediately reacted and kissed back until you two needed to part for air. He still had his hands on your face and his forehead pressed against yours so you two were staring into each others eyes when you realized that's the first time you two have ever kissed. When you snapped out of your thoughts you noticed how he looked at every one of your features like he was trying memorize them to never forget them. To never forget you. He met your eyes again.
"I love you and I don't want to lose you. This is dangerous. Very dangerous. If you do not pass the test then you are not allowed to take it again. You will forever be looked at as a child and will never be able to mate with someone. To mate with me. There is also a very high chance of you getting a serious injury or worse. Death. When you go out there the one that tries to kill you is your Ikran. They choose you so when it tries to kill you, you'll know it's yours. I will be there to root for you and guide you. I'm speaking to you right now as a teacher and more importantly as a lover. I believe in you and if Eywa wills it, you will have your Ikran".

After Tsu'teys pep talk you and him walked out to watch Jake claim his Ikran. He got thrown off a few times but he finally got and sealed the bond with his Ikran by flying it. At that point Netiri had gone to fly with him until they circled back around to watch the rest of you get your Ikran. The other 2 young hunters went next and soon enough it was your turn. Tsu'tey gave you some last few encouraging words along with the others and you stepped forward to claim your Ikran.