Chapter 5

"(Y/n) wake up."

I heard the sound of Tsu'teys voice.

"Come on get up."

"No. I want to sleep."

"Its time for first meal now let's go."

I groggily got up and walked down to first meal. Tsu'tey and I sat together eating in silence.

"Tsu'tey."

"Hmm?"

"Maru told me about a test called Iknimaya. Can you tell me more about it?"

"It's like a right of passage. At the end of your training if you are ready we have to climb up to a nest of unbonded Ikran. You will have to try to tame one. If you do a ceremony will be held to welcome you as part of the clan. Then you will be seen as an adult and can make your bow from the wood of Hometree and choose a mate."

"How will I know when I'm ready?"

"I will tell you."

I went silent having no more questions till I realized I still don't know what an Ikran is.

"Hey Tsu'tey."

"Yea?"

"What's an Ikran."

"Here I'll show you."

He grabbed my hand and led me to the top of Hometree. He made an animal like sound and a big creature that looks like a dinosaur crashed through the branches and landed next to Tsu'tey.

"This is an Ikran. This is what you will have to tame. Each Ikran can only bond with one Na'vi it's whole life."

"How will I know which one is mine?"

"It will try to kill you."

"Oh that's nice."

He laughed and motioned for me to come over. I took slow steps towards him.

"Don't look him in the eye."

I kept my head down and reached him. Hesitantly I reached my hand up and placed it on his head.

"You want to go for a ride?"

I nodded and smiled at him. He connected his queue and climbed on it's back. He held out his hand. I grabbed it and he lifted me up sitting me behind him.

"Hold on."

I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

He took off and dove all the way down till I could almost touch the tops of the trees before flying up again. We leveled out and he turned his head toward me and smirked. I was trying to steady my breathing but was interrupted when we suddenly started spinning. I was holding on to Tsu'tey so tight I was sure I was suffocating him but instead I heard him laughing.

"It's not funny."

"Yes it is."

I wanted to smack him but was too afraid to let go.

"OK fine I won't do it again."

I rested my head on his back and closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of being this close to him. The warmth he gave off was so comforting. I wish I could be this close to him forever. Suddenly I realized something, I'm completely and utterly in love with him. I wiped the thought from my mind as quickly as possible. We can never be together. Besides the fact he's gonna be mated with Neytiri, he would never be with a human. It was lunch time when we got back. We met up with Jake and Neytiri and sat with with Peyral, Ninat, Maru, Atan, and Katuk. Peyral looked at me with a mischievous smile.