October 13, 2016

I just heard a car door shut, and, for a moment, I forgot.

I forgot that Grace isn't out having fun with her friends. I forgot that I'm not expecting her to be home any minute.

God. And it's just hitting me all over again. That's she's not coming home, at least not until she's able to convince her doctors that she understands her whole relationship with Julia was just some lie her mind conjured. She's always been a horrible liar. When we were younger, she would try to pull jokes on me by hiding my shoes or my hair brush or whatever, and every single time she would break down within seconds of me staring at her. As we grew older, the tells changed, but one thing was incredibly clear: she can't lie to save her life.

Julia is going to get away with this, too. By giving Grace a choice, she put herself on a higher level, made herself seem so much more sympathetic. Oh, what a strong girl, going through such an ordeal and still giving her attacker the benefit of the doubt. Oh, what a sweet girl, with such a big heart.

Please.

She stole my best friend. And Grace's doctors may be eating up this bullshit like it's a freaking birthday cake, but I'm not. I see right through her.

Not that that makes a damn difference.