September 7, 2016

Grace decided to hang out with me at the diner today.

She sat in her booth in the back, ignoring her physics homework (as usual) and texting her friends. Every so often, after I was done clearing off a table or getting an order from a new batch of customers, I would joke around and say that if she didn't start doing her homework, I was going to force her to bus some tables. She found that hilarious.

"I am working," she told me on my third or fourth round. "I'm texting Julia for help, actually."

That would make sense, seeing how Julia's one of her friends from her physics class, but the wide grin on her face told me she was lying. And so I did the most logical thing an older sister could do: I stole her phone.

And what did I see? A meme with a scientific pun.

"What? We're getting ourselves motivated!"

God, I love her. She's such a nerd.

****

A note from our author, Ashley Winters:

Hey, guys! I have had the pleasure of being commissioned by Warner Brothers to write this story for their Unforgettable campaign! I am so happy that I have a chance to be a part of this, and am super pumped for the movie to come out in April! I saw a trailer for it a couple weeks ago while at the movies with my family, and I was like, "Katherine Heigl in a thriller? Um, yes, please!" (I love Katherine Heigl lots.) Beyond that, the movie looks intense, and I already can't wait to find out how it ends!

I hope you guys enjoy this story!