Chapter I: Introduction

A/N: Bonjour! If you've come across this fanfiction, thank you so much for reading! I originally hung around at Quotev, where I've posted many fanfictions under the username OddlySidekick. (One of my most memorable fanfictions being Wondrous Fantasies, a Young Justice Nightwing x Reader.) I'm a bit shy about my work, but I hope you enjoy nevertheless. I'm not the best writer, but I'm a work in progress. Anyway... On with the story!

   My name is f/n l/n. And although I look like an ordinary high school student, I saved the world with the help of my friends. Though I may not seem like much, you'd better not judge me by my cover. I'm the holder of the Peacock Miraculous, which I consider myself pretty lucky to have. After all, it's not every day that you're gifted powers that transform you into a superhero, right? Now, keeping Paris safe is my biggest priority. I suppose school should be... but try being looked up to when you're a super heroine to your fellow citizens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paris, France. Oh, what a beautiful place indeed. The fashion capital of the world. A romantic honeymoon destination for newly wedded couples. A great spot for tourists all over the world. It promised the smell of newly blossomed flowers set out in pots on windowsills or in gardens in Spring, and sometimes of bittersweet wine in high afternoon.

    And the most beautiful sight of all, hands down--was the Eiffel Tower, standing proudly in the center with all its glamorous glory. And although old, it always looked as if it'd been built the day before. The iconic tower looked as if it could pierce the sun most days, and on some days, we swore that it did.

   My name is f/n l/n. And although I look like an ordinary high school student, I saved the world with the help of my friends. Though I may not seem like much, you'd better not judge me by my cover. I'm the holder of the Peacock Miraculous, which I consider myself pretty lucky to have. After all, it's not every day that you're gifted powers that transform you into a superhero, right? Now, keeping Paris safe is my biggest priority. I suppose school should be... but try being looked up to when you're a super heroine to your fellow citizens.

    When I'm not Le Paon, I'm one with society. Just an ordinary girl leading an ordinary life, walking amongst Parisians in harmony. But we were never safe; I knew that with certainty. Le Papillon was always trying to find new and sickly exciting ways to steal away Ladybug's and Chat Noir's miracle stones. They are the two most powerful of the Miraculouses, and that is why he was after us. He wanted them to himself in order to gain absolute power. It's an old tale that the one with both stones will achieve powers equivalent to that of a God.

    Master Fu had only made a mistake with giving a Miraculous once; thus, the birth of Le Papillon. The purpose of this stone was to grant him the power of creating super heroes; but in a fit of rage, he chose a separate path for the newfound power and used his powers for evil doing. So, in fear that Paris was in grave danger, Master Fu carefully chose the holders of the Ladybug and Black Cat Miraculouses. That's where I come in.

    My name is F/N L/N, and this is our story.

    A/N: Sorry that was so short, but--there's the introduction! If anyone noticed, this story originally was going to be completely different and wasn't even meant to be a reader insert at first. I, however, recently decided it was time to start a new reader insert and, well... yeah. Here it is. Chapter II is where things will actually start to unfold. Also, how do you feel about the whole Peacock gig? I know Master Fu no longer has possession of it, but let's just say that for this fanfiction, he does.