Chapter two

School is pretty normal. I get insults slung my way and tripped like usual but in my heart I know something will happen today. something different, something new. I don't like new things my brain overthinks and doesn't know how to deal with them. Fourth period maths, one more lesson until I get out of here.

"Class we have a new student" Mr banks say gesturing towards this student.  Chocolate brown eyes that you can tell once held warmth but now were stone cold as they looked for an empty seat. The boy him self is about 6'1 and of muscular build but not so muscular like a body builder or a rugby player, that nice slim muscular.  his white v neck shirt clung to his chest and his dark grey jeans swung low on his hips if I was normal I would say this boy was fit but I'm not normal. HIs hair is a jet black and swoops just above his right eye.  his cold brown eyes look my way and the seat next to me.

"Everyone this is Caleb, Caleb sit next to Aphra at the back there." He says pointing over to me. He strides  over confidently, he sits down without ackwonliging my precesne. so it's gonna be like this we're gonna sit here and be silent. good thing I'm the silent type then.

I look to the front and pretend to pay attention but actually I'm doodiling in my notebook. I look down to see an eye one that looks so cold. it holds no warmth no humanity, then I realise it belongs to the boy beside me. I look back up to see that Mr Banks looking at me expectantly. "The answer?" he says gesturing to the board. I look at all the equations. most of the other kids are looking at the bored with a confused frown set on their face however I already know these awnsers. "the awnser is 4" I say but my voice is detached as though I'm not really paying attention. "Swot" someone says, trying to hide it behind a cough. I should of just awnsered it wrong but then I would of gotten teased for being a dumb ass.

Caleb looks over at me " how did you work that out." He says. His voice is soft but harsh. the perfect way to describe it is it's like a storm beautiful yet violent and harsh. his voice shatters  my inner thoughts. "It's easy just these idiots are overthinking it like I did when I first learnt it." I say softly making myself seem shy. I look into those cold ,cold eyes and see a glimmer of something before he blocks it out. you would expect chocolate brown eyes to be warm and inviting yet here he is proving me wrong.

We turn back to Mr.Banks who is going on and on about how to solve this problem. the class is scribbling down notes and I just continue to draw. nothing in particular. I draw this weird symbol, I know it's familiar but I cant think where I've seen it before. I see Caleb peeking over my shoulder to my doodles. his eyes widen at what he sees "What is that?" he asks but I know he already knows what it is and I'm determined to find out.

" I actually don't know what it is but I've seen it before." I say looking at his features I'm reading him. his shoulders are tense his eyes calculating as though he's trying to figure out what I said was the truth. his shoulders relax as he finally comes to the conclusion that I am telling the truth. "But I'd like to know, I've never seen it before in any history books but it looks like the crest of clan." I say. he is silent for a moment. "Probably not in high school text books" he says looking me in the eyes. "That's the thing I've been and graduated. I've  read every god damn book in Harvard's library and I know it's not in there. I KNOW." I say emphasizing the KNOW.

He looks at me strangley. "You've gone to Harvard and yet you come to a crappy little high school, Are you Crazy? I would get out of here quick as a shot if it wasn't for The Eli..... parentals." He says slipping up over something. he knows more then he's letting on.

"Look I'm not dumb you just slipped up and no matter how much I want to know about this I'm gonna let it slide as long as you tell me when I'm close to finding out. Deal?" I say raising one eyebrow and sticking my hand out to shake. He nods and shakes my hand. " Deal" he says. the bell rings saving me to anymore bitching comments from my classmates. Today was the day that my journey on finding me set of.

---------------------------

Long time no update what can I say? I think my writings gotten worse. ~ Tazmy x