Chapter 9

*Hides* I know I am so fucking late, please don't kill me!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power.

"How do I know that this all is not just a big scheme of bullshit to make me come with you willingly?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest and looking him in the eye.

"You don't. But its either we negotiate and you come willingly upon our agreed terms or I drag your ass out of here on my terms. And trust me when I say this, you won't like them one bit." he said shrugging and mimicking my posture.

After a while I nodded and led them to the living room, Lucca and I took the individual cushioned chairs facing each other while Danny and Jaxton sat on the couch in between. Clark chose to stand beside my chair.

"Okay Linguini, lay it on me." I said crossing my legs and looking at him.

"Linguini?" he asked amusement clear in his voice.

"You gave me a name, I gave you one. I say we call it even." I said waving my hand dismissively.

"Fair enough." He said with amusement in his eyes looking at me with that god awful smirk.

"Quit stalling and tell me your fucking conditions. I don't have all day." I snapped not in mood for chit-chat. I had a case to close, it had gone long enough already.

"Just two. First, either you stay with me or I stay at your house and second, when it comes to your safety, anything I say is final." He said with a casual tone but I could see anger behind those emerald orbs.

"Like hell." I scoffed, not believing that he would actually think that I would agree to these ludicrous conditions.

"If you think, I will let you control my fucking life, then think again." The anger in my voice would've made Mike Tyson piss his pants but Lucca didn't bat an eyelash.

He just looked at me with a speculative expression, as if to find something he knew was there. His gaze made me uncomfortable because it made me feel vulnerable. But I didn't let any of my discomfort show.

"Non-negotiable." He said after a moment, his expressions hardening into a mask of no emotions at all.

"Since when did he throw legal bullshit around?" Clark whispered only loud enough for me to hear. I just gave a minimal shrug.

"I will consider accepting your ludicrous conditions, if you accept mine." I said after a while of thinking his words through.

"I was expecting nothing less. After all this is a negotiation, the terms go both ways, don't they, tesoro?" He murmured with a ghost of his signature smirk. I scowled at him but didn't respond. Smartass.

"Caley stays where I want her to stay, not where you put her up. If I am going to stay at your house, I don't want her near all your criminal thugs so I'll make her arrangements for her to live where I can reach her easily. And second, I go to work, everyday like I used to." I said intertwining my fingers that rested on my lap.

Caley was the last of my family, so no way in hell I was going to be stupid enough to risk her life when I myself am trapped in the middle of a fucking mafia war and work was the only thing beside Caley that kept me sane, there I had control over things. And I needed control over something in my life, so no way in hell I was giving work up.

"I am not concerned with what you do with your sister, do whatever you want." He said.

"As for your work condition, like hell you will step a foot out of your room until this issue is over." He hissed, his eyes flaring with anger and finality.