Getting Married

If you choose to marry in The Tale of Two Towns, you have 12 marriage candidates to select from. There are 6 girls if you are playing as the boy hero and 6 boys if you are playing as a girl. You can not marry someone of your own gender. Marriage cannot be undone once you propose to your spouse; there is no divorce in Harvest Moon games. If you don't like your spouse anymore, then you will have to start a new game.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Spouses in the game don't work on your farm, cook a daily meal, or bring in any income. Once you are married you can celebrate your birthday by going into your house after 8:00 pm to get a dinner party. You can't celebrate your birthday until after you're married. You will also celebrate your wedding anniversary the same way.

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=  

Marriage RequirementsBasics:- Year 2 or later
- 60,000 FP (full flowers)
- Big Bed
- All Flower events (if required)

The first thing you need to do is introduce yourself to your future spouse! Some of the marriage candidates are available from the beginning of the game, but some others aren't available until later in the game.

Once you've talked to a person at least once, you can begin to give them gifts to with that person. Each flower marker on the person's conversation box indicates the current friendship level you have with that person; 1 flower is below 10,000 FP, 2 flowers is between 10,000 FP and 20,000 FP, and so on. You need to be at 60,000 FP before you can marry him or her.

Each person had different gift preferences and you can only give 1 gift per day. The best gift you can give will earn you +800 Friendship Points. If the gift is something the person likes you'll earn +300 FP. If the person is indifferent towards your gift then you'll only earn +50 FP. Give the best gift you possibly can per day in order to quickly raise friendship with the person.

The Big Bed needs to be in your house so that your spouse has somewhere to sleep. You do not need to remodel your house in order to get married. Once you reach year 2 in the game, check the message board in the town you are living in for the Bed Build request from Eileen. She will post it once you are at Request Level 3 and Eileen has over 7750 FP. To complete the quest, bring her 2 and 30,000 G to get a larger bed for your house.

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=  

Dates and Flower Events

You can also raise friendship with a marriage candidate by going out on a date with the person. Once you reach at least 5000 FP with a marriage candidate, you can talk to him or her to ask about going on a date.

On certain days of the week, talk to the person twice to be prompted to go on a date. Each person has three times per week that you can ask about dating. If you ask at the right time, you will be given three locations to choose out of five possible choices. Each person has two places they like, one place that they are okay going to, and one that they really are not fond of. If you select a good spot, you'll earn +100 FP. If you pick the bad spot, you will lose 100 FP. After you are married, you can go on dates with your spouse and your farmhouse becomes a sixth place for a date location.

You can only go on one date per day per person and dates can't trigger on festival days, stormy days, or if you haven't talked to the person for at least 7 days. You can continue to go on dates with the marriage candidates once you are married, but you will start to earn jealousy points with your spouse if you do.

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=  

Flower Events

Most of the marriage candidates have flower events that you must trigger before you can marry him or her; Alisa and Dirk do not have any flower events so the events are not required for their marriage. These are the same as "heart events" from past Harvest Moon games. The flower events can be viewed when you are at the required color for the event or higher. To trigger a flower event, you will need to go on a date with the person at the right time for the event to occur. Instead of the standard date scene, you'll see the flower event instead.