// Flashback //

I was walking passed my locker area with my books crowded over my arms hoping to not let one fall onto the ground. I glanced over to everyone who was hanging around their own lockers. Some people were talking normally, others were making out with their boyfriends and girlfriends receiving jealous comments, some were having fist fights.

"She's really not your type, man." I heard a familiar voice from behind me chatting with their friends. "Well well well, look who we have here. It's four eyes." Leo teased me while pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose rather roughly. It even made me take a few steps back. His teasing has gotten lots of attention from other students and it makes me super uncomfortable. I prayed for him to only say that and leave me alone.

"Got a lot of books there." He admits to me and walks closer while his friends stand back and watch. "I-I got to get to m-my locker." I stutter weakly and try to step out the way. But Leo blocks my path obviously. God why do I have to stutter? That would only make him tease more.

"Someone's in a rush." He evilly grins at me and I ignore him, finally making my way around him to walk to my locker. "Oi! I need my lunch money geek!" He yells from behind me and the next minute he's right next to me, knocking my books out of my arms and scattered across the floor. This caused me to give the biggest fright of my life. I didn't see it coming. God, that's going to take forever to clean up.

"Have fun cleaning that up. Good luck getting to class in time." And before I even know it, the bell rings. Leaving me no time to clean up. I really hate Leonardo DiCaprio.

// End of Flashback //

The instant flashback from years ago sends me watery eyes. I shake off the thought and step back into reality. He's changed now. I hope...

I pull up at the front of Winglet's Cafe. I sit in the car for just a second just taking in the moment. This is probably going to be awkward when I get in there.... But I need to be strong. I need to be myself and make the most of it. Ho boy please pray for me.

I send Leo a text of where he's seating. He messaged me back in a matter of seconds.

9:13am
Leo
Seated near the entrance of the cafe

Now my heart is pumping so fast that I think it's going to pop out of my chest any minute now. I'm starting to lose my mind. What if I act waaay too weird around him? Knowing me I probably would. I sent him a text back letting him know that I know where he is.

As soon as I entered the cafe he was there. Sitting at the table waiting patiently on his phone. He looked like he was texting someone by the amount of typing he was doing. Is it bad that I think he actually looks so good today? (The picture above) He looks really attractive right now— Ok now I'm just getting soooo distracted. Wait.... did I stare at him for too long? Oh my what have I done?

"Miss? Are you alright?" The waiter looks at me as if I needed something. But before I could answer him, someone else did. "Yes, she's with me." Leo, from the table closest to the waiter, says to him shortly and quickly. He nods in return and continues his way around the cafe. I walked over to the table Leo was sitting at and sat across from him. This is definitely going to be awkward. It won't help because of my staring as well because he looks so god damn good tod—

"How are you?" He asks me, holding the menu in his hands and bows his head back down to look over it again. "I'm alright, yourself?" I ask back politely. I'm going to try to remain calm throughout this experience. Experience? What am I? "Fine." He shrugs. Still looking through the menu. I do the same thing.

There was an awkward silence between the both of us before I decided to speak up. "What are you going to be having?" I watch every bit of his face move. I watch his eyes scan across the menu and I take in the highlights of his hair. His face structure looks like it was crafted by angels and I would do anything to see his smile right now. Then I remembered, he's my enemy. I can't be too nice to him. I flashback to all the distant memories I had with him and it comes back to haunt me every time.

"The bacon and eggs look good." He says to me with no emotion. What is with this guy with mixed emotions? I still can't understand him. Even now he's not giving in much effort and I feel so awkward. Then again, he's the one who invited me to talk to him in the first place and he doesn't want to talk to me. Ugh I'm so confused.

Once we both decided what we would have for breakfast the waiter walks over to collect our orders. Leo ordered the bacon and eggs and I ordered the avocado toast. I absolutely love avocado toast more than anything. It's always been my favourite snack. "Avocado toast? That's interesting." Leo chuckled as if he never heard of it in his entire lifetime. "They're actually so delicious. You should try one." I suggested. He gave me a disinterested look and ran his fingers through his hair, "I think I'll pass."

He drank a sip from his coffee and I couldn't help but watch his every move. "So, you wanted to get to know me?" I changed the subject. He nodded, dropped his coffee back onto the table and leaned back onto the seat. Well, I guess I could get comfy for a little while now.

"Well, for these past years I have been such an asshole and have treated you like shit all the time. I never gave you a chance to be yourself without you being hesitant about it." Leo explained himself. Wow. He's actually quite understanding. But in most situations he can be very harsh and annoying too which sucks. A tiny feeling in me isn't thinking this is right. "But if I'm going to get to know you I feel like something bad is going to happen."

"What do you mean?" I questioned him.

Hehe!! So here was the first part of Leo and Jess' first ever meet up together! I'm so happy they eventually did meet together.

Funny how Leo wants to get to know Jess but never makes time for anyone else ;)

I still can't get over that pic I found!! I'm still internally dying right now. Someone needs to build me a grave soon.