15

// Jess //

Warning: longer chapter :)) (ugh I honestly don't know why I put this as a warning....)
Btw this is totally irrelevant but oh my god Leo looks soooooo good in that photo I think I just cried. Oh my lord I'm crying right now. Eeeek I'm a weirdo.
Anyways back to the story

"I'm going out with Erin this morning for breakfast and I don't want to be late." I lied. Erin was one of my very old best friends that I still keep in contact with. But Adrianna knows that I barely catch up with her anymore. So, I know she will think something's up. She's not stupid.

"I thought Erin accidentally deleted your contact...." Adrianna said to me which sent shivers down my spine.

I'm screwed..

Crap! I don't know what to say! She knows I'm up to something now for sure! Damnit Adrianna why do you have to freak out all the time??? Let me tell you, you really do not want an older sister who just keeps worrying about you 24/7. It's honestly exhausting and I wish she could just change for once.

"Jess!?" Adrianna snaps me out of my thoughts. Her eyebrows are raised and her eyes are staring into mine, begging for an explanation. She then crosses her arms and says to me, "Jess, what the hell is going on? I feel like you are being very strange lately and I'm a bit—"

"Why are you always worried about me? I'm old enough to look after myself, you know." I say and eventually removing my eye contact from her. Adrianna sighs and sits down next to me. "You are still my little sister. No matter how old you are. I'm born to look after you. Now that Mum isn't here for us it's my job to keep you safe." She says calmly to me and wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I really am." She apologises. Which also makes me apologise to her to, "I'm sorry that I raised my voice at you."

I still can not tell her that I'm hanging out with Leo today. I need to make up an even better lie that is believable. I could tell her I'm hanging out with my other friend Casey. I always hang out with her all the time. She will believe that. Oh god this is such a difficult risk.

"Jess? Were you even listening?" Adrianna interrupts me once again. "Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry." I apologise once again. Ok, I think now is the best time to tell her lie number 2. "Sorry I lied before. I'm actually going out with Casey this morning. She kept messaging me last night and was begging to catch up." I say to Adrianna, hoping she'd accept it this time. In which she did thank god.

"Oh yeah. That's alright I guess. What time do you think you will arrive back home do you think?" She asks me with wonder. "I don't know, maybe around 11am or something?" I assume. I walk over to the window to check the weather today. It seems pretty ok, might be a bit cloudy but it shouldn't be too bad. I was going to wear a coat or something but it doesn't look windy at all.

"Well alright. Please be back home before lunchtime because I think you, Mike, Tristan and I are going to go out for lunch at the new restaurant down through the city." Adrianna said to me from the kitchen making a breakfast smoothie.

I hugged Adrianna goodbye and I grabbed my purse off the side table on the couch where I left it before. I sat in my car and checked the time. It was 9:00. Leo and I didn't exactly set an exact time to meet so I'm not too worried.

While I was driving, I started to become a bit nervous. I mean, I'm going out for breakfast with the guy I hated the most throughout my life. He bullied me. Bullied me. Now he's being all friendly and wants to 'know me better'. I seriously don't know this guy anymore. But, I'm going to trust him once and once only.