⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠃⠊

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, it hurts more if I don't pop it back right away." I tell him with a shrug. I dump out the old coffee and throw away the used grounds and I begin to start to brew fresh coffee. Caffeine keeps my mind going with my body, just because my body can regenerate quickly, doesn't mean my mind gets a chance to rest.

"If your body only lets you get 3-4 hours of sleep, why do you drink so much coffee?" He asks curiously, leaning against the counter.

I bite at my lips, debating whether or not to tell him, then I decide to just stay quiet. One less thing for him to worry about. "Do you want anything?"

I watch his lips twitch in annoyance, but he just gives me a fake smile and points towards one of the high cabinets, "Can I have a chocolate bar?"

I feel my heart melt slightly at how small and innocent that sounded, "Aw, that was really cute."

He laughs and shakes his head, "I loss a lot of blood, chocolate has a lot of iron in it."

"Still, the way you asked was adorable." I say while laughing a bit and hoping up onto the counter to reach the top cabinets.

He walks around and stands below me, "Aw, that was really cute," he echoes my words, gesturing to how I had to get on top of the counter to reach the candy.

"Shut up. Stark moved them." I growl slightly while tossing him down the chocolate bar and he catches it, still chuckling at his own jokes. Asshole.

I close the cupboard and hop down without a sound, "You are dangerously close to becoming my second favorite person to pop up."

He scoffs and opens the chocolate bar, "Who could replace me?"

"The pizza guy."

He smiles but shakes his head, "Of course."

"He doesn't show up bleeding out on my couch, he shows up with food. You know what, fuck it, he's my favorite visitor." I cross my arms and pour myself a cup of coffee.

"I might just have to have a chat with this pizza guy, he's stealing my favorite marksman way from me." Matt says with a small smirk.

I feel my face heat up slightly, but I hide it behind my burning cup of coffee which I curse myself for drinking so quickly, "Watch out, he'll probably kick your ass. It's not that hard to do..."

I mumble the last part, knowing full well that he'll hear me. He laughs and crosses his muscular arms over the SHIELD t-shirt that I lent him, "You want to bet?"

I take another sip of my coffee and hop up on the counter next to where he is standing, "What? That I could kick your ass? You are pretty severely injured. Foggy is going to kill me for letting you walk."

"So you can kick my ass, but Foggy can kill you?" Matt questions my logic but I just shrug.

"Foggy seems like a good friend, he would at least attempt to kill me." I say, struggling to contain my laughter.

Our heads both turn as a small female voice starts to repeat the other Attorney's name.

"Speaking of..." He trails off while pushing himself away from the counter to go answer, but I stand up from my spot on the counter and jump over him, rolling gracefully into my bedroom and retrieving his phone.