Chapter 26. Drugs Can Kill In Multiple Ways

Jon's P.O.V:

Ever since he kicked Marilyn out, George was nowhere to be seen. Even now, when they had a band meeting, he wasn't here.  Jon got concerned. He had called Barbara, from his home, who said that he left to go somewhere. Hopefully, that somewhere, wasn't Marilyn's house.

It wasn't until the band took a break from rehearsal that Jon found out where he was. Mikey grabbed the remote from the stand & turned on the telly. It roared to life as the "News now" popped up on the screen.

One of the camera men voomed in on a very tall building, revealing a man climbing it. Roy screeched. "OMG IS THAT GEORGE?!" He pointed to the man climbing. 

As if answering Roy's question, the news reporter jumped in front of the camera to describe the scene. "Hello, this is Jimmy Burdet coming live in Bexley, London. A man, by the name of Boy George, the lead singer of the band 'Culture Club', appears to be climbing a 5 story building, which is about 49 feet tall. As you all should know, that building is tall enough to kill anybody who falls off." 

Jon panicked. "Holy shit! We need to go get him!" He instantly jumped up & scrambled to grab his car keys. 

Mikey shut the telly off & threw the remote behind him, not caring where it landed. 

And with that, the band rushed out the door & into the car to go get George.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They slammed the door shut & raced towards the roaring crowd. People pushed other people to get to the front, to record on their cameras the scene they were witnessing. 

Jon managed to make it to the front. He yelled up at George. "Get your ass down here right now George!" 

George looked down at him from where he was & waved. "Hi to you too Jonnie!!" He screamed back.

"This is not a game George! GET. YOUR. ASS. DOWN. HERE. RIGHT. NOW!" Jon screamed. 

George was now standing on the roof. He walked over to the edge. Jon could hear the people's gasps from behind him. 

"Is he going to jump off?!" A frantic lady asked the person next to her. 

George lifted one leg off the ground & pointed it out towards the people. Oh. My. God. He was balancing! 

Five minutes passed. George was still balancing. Everybody remained silent. Until, George almost lost his footing, & nearly fell. 

People screamed. They quieted down a bit as George regained it back. And then, he started whooping & shouting, clapping his hands. "I did it! 5 minutes! Hell ya! That's what I'm talking about!" He started to make his way down the building. 

Out of all the people, he should have assumed this was all Marilyn's fault. After all, he was the only one clapping & cheering for George. "Yeah George! I knew you could do it!"

When George finally arrived down from the building, safely, the first person he ran to wasn't Jon, but Marilyn. He gave him a high five & hugged him. It hurt Jon for the most part. Just the simple fact that he chose Marilyn over him. 

Sensing Jon watching him, George skipped over to him. "So what did you think about the show? Pretty neat, huh?" George smiled.

Jon slapped the smile off his face. "You think that was a SHOW?! George, you could have plummeted to your death! And no, It's not 'neat'. It's FUCKING STUPID!" 

George shrugged. Just shrugged. Like it was nothing. "You exaggerate too much Jon. Lighten up. It was just a fun little scheme Marilyn & I came up with." He turned to Marilyn & winked, laughing.

"Oh, I'm sorry. 'FUN' Isn't exactly the word I would describe the scene everyone witnessed where you were standing on a 49 ft tall building, not to mention, tall enough where you could have easily fallen off of & died on live telly." Jon said.

George waved it off. 

And then it hit Jon. Of course. George's actions were reckless, yes, but maybe it had nothing to do with Marilyn at all. And had everything to do with drugs.

Jon grabbed George's arm & screamed in his face. "Are you high?" 

George laughed, not giving an answer to Jon's question. He slapped George. "ARE YOU HIGH?" He screamed it louder. 

George didn't laugh this time, instead, he gave up trying to be innocent. "Yeah. But why do you care?" 

"Where is it then? Where are you hiding it?" Jon demanded. 

George laughed. "It's obvious. It was right in front of your face the whole time. But, well, I guess you aren't as smart as I thought you were." 

Jon squeezed his arm tighter. "Tell me where it is. NOW." He said through clenched teeth.

George whimpered from the hold Jon had on him. "It's in my room! Under the bed!" He screamed out loud.

Jon grabbed him & dragged him through the crowd, to the car. George tried to wiggle away but Jon wasn't letting go. "Where are we going?!" He had to scream through the loud crowd.

"We are going home so we can get rid of the drugs once and for all." Jon responded. 

They were almost to the car when the paparazzi grabbed onto George's other arm. The man yanked him hard enough for Jon to lose his grip. He stumbled forward a bit. 

Jon regained his balance & tried to get George back. But it was too late. The paparazzi had him now. There was no way in hell he was getting him back anytime soon.

The rest of the band raced through the loud crowd to reach Jon & the car. They too stared back to see George being swept away by the paparazzi. 

George saw them & saluted them. "So long" He mouthed to them. And with that, he disappeared into the crowd. 

Jon turned to the band & sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Well, what the hell do we do now?" 

"Let's go home. Once their done getting everything out of him, he'll have no other choice than to go back home. In other words, he'll be fine." Mikey explained.

They all nodded. It was decided. They got into the car & turned the ignition. 

Jon sighed. "You better be right about this Mikey." 

Mikey laughed. "Relax, I am. Where else is George going to go when this is all over?" 

"Marilyn's." Jon spat his name out. 

Mikey rolled his eyes. "Oh please. He doesn't love him more than he loves you. Your better than Marilyn, Jon. He knows. I know that. Roy knows that. He'll come home, trust me." 

Jon nodded. Mikey was right. He'll come home. 

He has too... right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't imagine the anxiety the people/fans had when George climbed up the building. Especially, when he was on the edge of the roof. Btw, in real life, he WAS on drugs, but he wouldn't go as far as THIS. In all honestly, who the fuck would even do this? High off of drugs or not, wtf is wrong with people? 

-Zoey x