King of Kolos

Boom.

Six thundering booms shook the ground, all one right after the other in quick succession, increasing in speed. By the third, Lilac was face down on the ground. By the fourth, the demon stopped raking its claws across Kain's flesh. Instead, it turned around and tried to flee.

By the fifth, Kain had it pinned to the ground, the demon's mouth being crushed into the dirt as it struggled. By the sixth, the demon was still and deep purple smoke filtered throughout his suit. It was rancid, smelling of death and rot. Lilac's nose wrinkled in disgust.

Once the rumbles ended, Kain pulled himself up, along with the demonic creature. A sudden realization occurred to Lilac; the shudders were from Kain. Somehow, someway, Kain was projecting enough force into the ground to shake the hillside.

The demon dangled in his vice grip, being held up by its slender throat. Just from looking at the fiend made Lilac terrified. The terror drowned her of all senses, rooting her to the ground.

Her skin prickled as the demon's misty, pale eyes landed on her own. Even though it was being held up like a rag doll, its lengthy tongue went into its mouth as it smirked.

In its hand, Lilac saw a statue made from wood shavings. The creature saw her gaze and opened its long fingers slightly, the moon illuminating the pale wood. Recognition flared in my stomach as Lilac saw the familiar wolf, its canine head tilted covered by its tail.

Lilac's blood boiled and the terror she felt went away, soon replaced by anger. Without thinking, Lilac marched up to the writhing two. Kain looked at her with curiosity, telling her to get back. It was like there was wax on her ears. She didn't register that he said anything. After living on the lower side of the class, Lilac had learned quickly to take back what was hers, no questions asked, no mercy shown.

With a fury, greater than any demon - especially the one in front of her - Lilac crashed her fist into its jaw with a sickening crunch. Her soft knuckles met skin as rough as sandpaper, splitting the skin. The thing flew from Kain's slender fingers and into the ground, being pushed along the sawgrass by the momentum of the blow.

Lilac stood in smug satisfaction, her hand throbbing with several tears speckled with blood dotting her knuckles. Lilac wasn't a violent person by nature. She avoided conflict as much as possible. Along the streets, fighting and brawls littered the streets almost as much as the trash, but the circus gave her everything she could ever hope for. She had been with them since she was a troubled teen, orphaned and alone. She grew up with Alpha, Newt, and the others. It was an unspoken wish to die among the people she grew up with. Lilac didn't know if she would ever see them again.

Kain looked either pleased or disappointed; it was hard to tell with a face of stone. Upon closer inspection, Lilac could see the anger in his eyes, a murderous gleam.

Another crash quaked the ground, sending everyone, including Kain, dropping to the ground like a sack of potatoes. In a daze, Lilac looked up at Kain with apprehension. To her surprise, he seemed to flicker around the edges of his silhouette, his body blending with the moonlit night. The midnight blue tailored suit was being eaten up by something black. Black was staining the fabric like mold, spreading quickly as Kain's form shook more and more.

"Ah, finally," someone spoke, their voice low and grating. It was the creature as he got back up, his gait somewhat slouched from Kain breaking his ribs.

"I've been waiting a long time for this, Phuntom. A long, long time," the thing said again. Lilac was frozen in place, his voice putting a hex on her. Fear coursed through her body. Fear she never experienced before.