Chapter 10

Sutton, who was bored out of her mind due to the lack of people in the library today, is currently leading James to check the 'Rec box', after her recent discovery. Not for the reasons one would think, because the box of recommendations was basically just a box that hung on the wall begging for attention. No one ever used it, maybe because the letters 'Rec box' were almost completely faded, or maybe because people simply didn't have time to write down books that sparked their interest. Although it was a cute idea, no one really acknowledged it. At least, that's what Sutton had thought until today. In the box, she discovered a series of letters.

"It's seriously like its own novel." She turns to James. She sweeps her eyes around the library one last time, then pulls out the envelope. "I have absolutely no idea how they started writing to each other, but it looks like they've been writing for months, maybe years! And..." She pauses and looks at James. "And I think that they both are with someone, but aren't happy with their significant other. I don't really know, but they just spill their hearts to one another, in a public place with someone like me waiting to find it." She exclaims quietly, and James grabs the envelope from her hands and puts it back into the safety of the box.

"Wow... how did you find these?" James questions. 

"The rec box. I thought someone had finally left a recommendation. I was eager to read it, and once I started I couldn't stop." Sutton told him. "I only read the first few pages, honestly it made me a bit uncomfortable." Sutton laughed to herself, following him back to his desk and sitting on the ledge next to his chair.

"That's pretty crazy." James says, looking up from his computer. "You think we'd recognize their faces?" James asks.

"I don't know, probably!" Sutton responds, picking at the skin on her finger tips. James smiles at her, and shakes his head. 

"You're welcome to leave early Sut." James says after a few minutes, as he types something on that big Macbook of his.

"Alright, thanks James." She says, and gathers her things. 

"Bye stalker Sutton" Sutton rolls her eyes at his statement, and makes her way to the large exit door.

Through the haze of her thoughts about these mystery lovers, she suddenly remembers Harry's text this morning, and that she should be expecting a call from him pretty soon. A smile appears on her lips as she drives down the familiar streets back to her flat.

It was ten minutes past one when Sutton hears her phone go off in her bedroom, and she rushes from the kitchen to answer.

"Hello?" She asked the unfamiliar number, although she knew exactly who was calling.

"Hello my lovely American friend, how are you?" Harry replies.

"I'm very well British friend, thank you for asking." Sutton smiles, and bites her lip as he responds.

"So I figured out what were going to do today. And no arguing, since I'm treating." He says.

"Okay, what is it?" Sutton asks, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Well... To be completely honest, it sounds rubbish if I explain it over the phone. Just be ready at four, I'll pick you up from your place." He says, which makes Sutton smile.

"Do you even know where I live?" Sutton says with a smile.

"That was my next question. Text me your address?" He asks.

"Will do, British friend." Sutton says.

"No no, that doesn't work, I call you my American friend because your my only American friend. All your friends are British, so you're going to have to come up with your own nickname." Harry says, and Sutton rolls her eyes.