Chapter 21: The Father of All Hybrids

ابدأ من البداية

I reach the man after what feels like forever.
"Who are you?" I ask, keeping my guard up.
"You know who I am. I am the father of all hybrids. I can control you, and even take your power if need be. And the best part? You can't do anything to stop me!" He says, laughing maniacally.
I grit my teeth.
"You see, your mother here is already under my spell. I haven't gotten to you yet, because you've been able to block me out. Mostly. I'm still in there though. And you can't completely destroy me without taking your own life. Which, I know for a fact you wouldn't do. Of course, unless it was to save your friends."
I sigh.
"Why are you doing this? Why are you killing your children?!" I ask, obviously annoyed.
"Why, my dear, because all of you have gone soft. You've all managed to disobey me in completing your true task: destroy all humans. You have all failed to do so.
For instance, your mother married a human. She had intercourse with him, and had you. A human at first. Then that dragon of yours turned you into a hybrid. If she had married a hybrid and had a child, yes, that child would be a hybrid, yet it would have one mission only: to destroy the humans who do damage to our world.
You see, this used to be a planet with no humans. But, one day two hybrids had a child. And you know what? That child, surprisingly, wasn't a hybrid. It was a human. A pure human. He went off to find other humans. And he did. He found many brought by other hybrids who had human children.
They all started a riot against hybrids, against their parents.  They wanted them all dead; they said we never belonged to this realm. That we shouldn't even be a part of this region.
They banished whoever they found. They never found the ones you see outside, however, because  I safely hid them in this tower. I made them all turn into their human form, so they wouldn't be spotted as a hybrid. Luckily, we got away.
The human race started to reproduce. And here we are, in this world, where there are more humans than any other creature. A world once owned by hybrids, has grown into a land owned by humans.
I have called you here today to give you a choice. Either rule with me and take back what is rightfully ours, or perish. The choice is yours.
I have given all of them this choice, and 80-90% of them chose to perish a slow, painful death. Haven't you noticed their wings and tail scales are rotting away, leaving  only bone? I have managed to create a serum that destroys dragon scales, but leaves the bone. It has worked great, some of the hybrids who once refused had changed their mind once they saw what could happen to them should they defy me.
But you, you are a special case. You have a boyfriend, do you not? Should you defy me, I shall send my best hybrids to eliminate them one by one. Granting them the chance to say their goodbyes before hand, before burning them, and their village to the ground."
He says all of this, and I look both scared, and angry.
"If I join your army of hybrids, promise me you won't hurt my village or it's people." I say, as if making a deal.
"Deal. I shall not hurt your friends or their Village if you join me." He says, shaking my hand to seal the deal.
"Then I shall join your hybrid army." I say, with a straight face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiccup's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a week since I banished her. Honestly, it's been lonely.
But I can't keep her here. Not while she's going though that faze.
Astrid and I have been getting closer every day.
She's helped me cope with everything that's happened. Now, I don't like her like that. Just as a friend. She's been a good friend of mine for years. Ever since that day I found Astrid in our cove, and she discovered Toothless, she became my first real friend.
Ever since then, we've been close.
I'll admit, she's admitted her feelings towards me, but I couldn't return them. I still loved (y/n), and nothing  is going to make me leave her. I'm still dating her, but I understand  that she needs to be away for a while. And I can handle it. I've kept it together.
I can't say the same for Nightwing though.
She really misses her... she won't eat, or sleep. I'd mention flying to her and she'd just look the other way. I feel so bad for her; she'd just look at her saddle and groan sadly.
She was so broken... and it was my fault.
I went over to her and reached down to pet her.
She gradually took my hand, and looked at me with sad, depressing eyes.
Her green eyes had dulled, her pupils were more dialated  than they've ever been.
I had to find her.
For Nightwing's sake.

I asked her if she wanted to help me find (y/n). I'd've asked Toothless but he was with the babies. She nodded slowly, and allowed me to put her saddle on her. I had made an extra stirrup for my peg leg incase I need to fly her.

We flew off in the direction of where I sent (y/n) and her mom.
I saw a island not too far off of where we were.
I landed, and saw it was silent. Not a word to be said, nor a sound to be heard. I looked at Nightwing, who looked back at me.
We started walking, when we saw something to the right of us.
It was... a human. No.. A hybrid? It looked to be both.
I walked closer and drew out my fire sword just in case.
I walk up to the person and see who it is.
It's... (y/n)...
"(y/n)!" I say, and run up to her.
She backs away from me, and glares at me with what seems to be pure hatred.
"You." She says, gritting her sharp teeth at me.
"Hey, (y/n). I'm sorry I had to send you away.." I begin.
"No, you're not. You loved sending me away. Telling me I wasn't part of the village anymore, leaving me all alone with my deranged mother. I couldn't even say goodbye to my own dragon. You don't love me. Admit it." She says, coldly.
"I do love you! Why do you think I came to find you with your dragon?"
"My dragon? That isn't my dragon. That's nowhere close to my dragon."
Nightwing's heart sank. I could feel it.
This wasn't her.
I need her back.