Never again- 6k words

Începe de la început

Harry was behind Niall as he climbed up a short rock-face, shoes slipping slightly on the rock. Harry shoved Niall's bag up behind him, misjudging how heavy the bag actually was. He'd seen Niall struggling a lot so he put all his effort into the shove. The thought occurred to him that Niall was a bit shorter than him as the blond flew over the rocks with a surprised squeak.

"What the hell?" Liam blurted as Harry scrambled up after him, mumbling quiet and guilty curses to himself.

Niall had hit the ground pretty hard. The weight of his bag had pushed him into the dirt and his whole body had felt the impact as his feet desperately tried to balance themselves underneath him. It was useless, he went down anyway, hands shooting out to catch himself before his nose could smash into the ground. He became aware of the pain shooting up his leg before he noticed the torn skin on his palms.

"Shit, you good Ni? I didn't mean to push you that hard" Harry rushed over and began helping his friend up, feeling all kinds of awful. Liam and Louis were behind, laughing their heads off. Liam had been surprised at first, seeing Niall fly like that, but now it was just hard to stop laughing. Harry's guilty expression just made it all funnier.

"I know Haz, just, hang on. Stop. Ow. Shit" Niall grimaced as Harry tried to pull him up onto his feet. He'd sprained his ankle or something, it was absolutely throbbing.

"Your hands, crap. I'm really sorry" Harry apologised with a sheepish shake of his head.

Liam sobered up to realise that the pain on Niall's face wasn't to do with a few scrapes on his hands. He didn't doubt they stung, but Niall was biting his lip and his eyes looked wet.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked.

Harry paused, eyes widening even more. "Did I hurt you?"

"Calm down Haz, he's still alive" Louis patted his curly friend's back reassuringly with a short chuckle.

"Niall?" Liam looked at him pointedly.

Niall shook his head, "just help me up, slowly."

He gritted his teeth as Liam and Harry hoisted him upright. Harry pulled the bag off his shoulder, hooking it over his own. He watched as Niall ever so carefully tested his foot on the ground.

"Is it your ankle Mate?" Louis questioned worriedly. They had a little more walking to do until they got to the campsites, and the week wasn't going to be much fun for Niall of he couldn't walk.

"Think I've sprained it" Niall replied with a heavy sigh.

"You mean I sprained it" Harry muttered. He felt bad before, now he just felt terrible.

"You were just trying to help Haz, don't worry about it. I've had worse" Niall brushed it off with a dismissive wave off his hand. It was his own fault for bringing that damn bag.
"But it does hurt like a bitch, carry me?"

Liam snorted, "yeah, not happening blondie."

Harry on the other hand felt so bad
boosting Niall over the rocks he was seriously considering it. Niall wouldn't be too heavy, and they only had another ten minutes-
"I'm joking Haz, I don't need to be carried" Niall cut his train of thought off before he could get any further.
"I'll just help you then" Harry nodded, adjusting Niall's arms over his shoulder with a smile.
"It's not that bad H, I can probably manage just fine..." Niall took a weary step forward with his newly bad foot and hissed in pain, quickly picking himself back up onto his other foot.
"Damn it" he grumbled unhappily. This trip was meant to be fun, now he was going to be sat down the entire time most likely missing out on it all.
"Maybe we should head back, get you to a doctor or something" Liam glanced back the way they'd come unsurely.
Niall scoffed, "it's just a sprain Liam, I'll be fine. We wanted to do this, so we're gonna do it" he rolled his eyes and hopped closer to Harry, "come on then Hazza, let's get going."