16: I will eat you for dinner

The way that boy looked at her made my blood boil

The way that boy looked at her made my blood boil. She doesn't even know what effect she has on boys like him or maybe she does? And this thought makes me more furious. If she is deliberately parading this boy in front of me because of how things went down yesterday, then I'm not having it.

But she's not mine to keep.

I immediately schooled my expression to a neutral one. I don't know what is up with me anymore. This is what I wanted for her, to be with someone who is her age. Then why seeing her with another guy felt like a tight slap to my face?

"You could have called me. I would have picked you up from school. You don't need to hitch rides with strangers."
I don't want her to get rides from guys she barely knows. Her safety comes first. She just pushed past me as if I don't even exist.

She is such a brat. I want to spank her senseless for disrespecting me like this.

Before I could stop her on the porch she was inside the house running up the stairs and closing the door of her room on me. I stood outside her room for a while and even knocked on her door. She didn't open the door and it only made me more furious.

I'll deal with her later.

The gall of that freaking beast of a man

The gall of that freaking beast of a man. What does he think of himself? He has no right to be mad at me. I gave him a fair chance and I'm not going to wait forever for him. That shit happens only in movies.

It's almost evening and I haven't left my room. Now I'm feeling hungry and irritated which is not a good combination. I need food in my stomach and some painkillers for the headache I got after stressing so much about today. The knock on the door followed by my mother's voice grabbed my attention.

"Honey. We are going out for dinner today. Get ready. We'll be leaving in thirty minutes."

"Yes, Mom."

I walked over to my closet and after trying out some dresses I finally settled for the burgundy maxi dress. It is tight fitted and has a low thigh slit. I completed the look with smoky eyes and red lipstick.

Red lips go with everything.

I walked down the stairs after twenty minutes into the living room. Mom and Grayson were cozying up on the sofa so I cleared my throat to make my presence known. My mother was wearing a pastel green dress and Grayson was in one of his classier suits.