I can't wait for mom to come home to tell her about prom. She finally arrived at 4 o'clock.

"Mom, I was finally chosen as a nominee!" "What nominee?" "A nominee for prom queen!" "Really?" "Congrats!" "In fact, I have been waiting for this moment, I've got your outfit ready." "Seriously? For how long?" I anxiously asked. "For about 20 years." She said as she took me to the basement. "Yay." I ironically said.

She took out a pink box which was written Molly.

"Molly?" I asked. "Don't worry about that, that's the name I wanted to give you." "What made you change your mind?" "Your grandmother, she named you after her mother." "Gladly." I whispered as I giggled. "The dress in that box is legendary, your great grandmother, grandmother and I wore it on our prom nights, and now I want you to wear it."

Could this moment get even worse? I bet the dress have buttons or bows or glitter all over.

"C'mon go try it on."

As we were going out of the basement, I saw another box like mine but it was blue.

"What's in that box, Joshua's legendary suite? I sarcastically said. "Yes!" Mom said. "Don't take it out, dad should give it to him when he is prom king." "Oh! But he is a nominee too." "Oh wow, my kids are growing up so fast. I'll take it out so dad gives it to him. In the meantime go put on the dress."

Dress? More like a dress-aster.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wrinkle my nose in distaste at the most horrifying outfit ever.

It's a long violet dress with three black pearls at the top and glitter at the bottom. Imagine I wore this on prom night, my friends would run away, Bella would make fun of me, Jon wouldn't even look at me and I will be the laughing stalk of the school for the entire year.

"You look pretty!" Mom happily said.

I had to come up with a plan. I can't obviously tell my mom that I don't want to wear it, it would crush her.

"Soo is it a must to wear this dress on prom?" I asked. "Of course and then dance with your partner whom you might get married to in the future.

Like your dad and I, I was a cool gal and he was a grouse young man who fortunately ended up together, had 2 beautiful kids with a happy life." She said.

MILA JOHNSONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें