Chapter 1

Out of all the days in the year on August 26th there was the biggest storm of the year, without a doubt, which caused more than enough problems.

Iris Taylor found herself sitting on her bed with her two best friends right next to her cuddled under their blankets. Iris looked over with her light violet blue eyes to Lydia Marcus or as people like to call her Dark Angel. The only reason why they called her that is because she looked like an angel except a dark version. Her dark black hair cascaded down her shoulders and stopped just below her shoulders while her dark green eyes were dilated on her boyfriend's Facebook page.

To Iris's right sat Bonnie Flack or in other words the computer genius. Last year she hacked into the school system and made all of Iris's C's into A's. Bonnie's brown hair showed specks of red highlights that made her dark skin glow and look radiant and all while her chestnut eyes stared at the computer screen of some movie they were watching on Netflix.

This was all Iris needed: her friends with her. Iris could care less about a boyfriend, job, car, and school work as long as she had her friends everything is perfect.

Just outside of the cozy little bedroom was a crazy storm going on making the branches from the trees outside tap on Iris's windows. If the girls pulled the blinds down you would think everything was alright but with the storm nothing was fine. There were sirens everywhere and warnings buzzing from every cell phone.

"This is such a lame movie can we do something else?" Lydia's snappy voice rang as the girls noticed she was now watching the movie while texting Matt, her boyfriend. "There is nothing else to do we can't have the bonfire as planned, too much light will make the power go out most likely, and there's nothing to do besides a movie." Iris said as Bonnie started braiding her blonde hair for no reason at all. iris could purr like a cat at the moment as she loved it when people played with her silky, soft, blonde hair. "Well then let's go make a bowl of popcorn and then play a simple round of Truth." Lydia smiled as she opened up a text from Matt. "Okay but you go get the popcorn." Bonnie retorted before watching Lydia stand up in her hoodie and leggings and fuzzy slippers as Lydia began to walk out the door and head to the kitchen. "I'll get the bottle remember if you land the bottle you don't have to answer and if you don't make it you have to answer it." Iris said as she crawled over to the closest to pull out the half empty pop bottle they always use for this game. Thank God that the floor is carpet or else the bottle would have broken from all the flips when it didn't land.

The rain pounded down on the window harder by the second almost making it sound like someone was banging on the door. It almost reminded Iris of the time their house almost got robbed by some drunk maniac from some college frat party the guy was forced to do community service for an entire ninety hours.

Lydia's feet padded on the wood floor in the hallway before becoming silent on the white carpet, "I'm back and boy is it pouring outside I sure hope nobody is driving around outside." Lydia said before stuffing popcorn into her face. Bonnie looked with almost disgust at how Lydia ate the popcorn but ignored seeing as Lydia was going to eat like that anyways. "I found a whole bunch of new questions online so get ready guys!" Bonnie cheered before yanking the phone away from Lydia so she wouldn't text Matthew. "Hey!" Lydia whined, "Too bad." Bonnie retorted before tossing the phone into Lydia's big bag from Victoria Secret she got after spending over a hundred dollars for just sweats and panties. Iris always knew that every girl in Oakwood was spoiled I mean spending a hundred was nothing in Oakwood it was like spending twenty-five cents on bubblegum. Just like everyone else Iris lived in a nine bedroom house where only two bedrooms were occupied by the family and the rest were either ranging from a gym to an art room. There was even a room just full of clothes from past generations of the family used for historical events in the town.