Chapter 13

I almost gag from the contact between the man's rough palm and my lips. The smell of alcohol on their clothes and in their breath is very evident, creating a pungent odor in the atmosphere.

"Don't scream," I hear someone whisper into my ear.

"Just leave me alone!" My strained voice is muffled through his palm, and I cringe as I inhale the air that makes contact with his hand, which is still covering my mouth. I can't tell if they're half drunk, or completely drunk. Either way, I'm positive that their intentions are not good whatsoever.

"No can do, sweetie pie. Just stay calm and this will be just as enjoyable for you as it will be for us," someone purrs. Another guy touches my shoulder and runs his grimy hand down my arm.

From there, I can't stop the salty tears that stream down my cheeks. "Please!" I cry.

Suddenly, the unmistakable sound of a slap rings through the night and my cheek burns with a stinging sensation. "Shhhh!" they hiss. "We need you to stay fucking quiet!"

Sobs rack through my body. "Please... Just let me go..." I try my best to hold in my sobs, but it's as if my cries have a mind of their own, and they want to be released.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" An angry voice comes from nearby, and I turn my head in an attempt to see who the words belong to. An inner part of me knows that deep voice by now.

Mystery guy.

How did he find me here?

"What do we have here?" The man who holds me hostage turns his head to look at the silhouette who is intruding on his rotten plans and is now my safe haven.

"I could ask you the same." He stalks forward, confidence radiating off of him in strong waves.

The four other guys don't seem to be phased by him, and rather than back down, they all stumble towards him, obviously drunk and incoherent.

"If you know what's best for you, I'd suggest you leave buddy," the guy who's holding me sneers. When mystery guy just continues to walk forward, he adds, "I mean now."

"Do you seriously think that I'm scared of you shits?" He questions. I still can't see his face clearly, the corner we are in barely has any light shining in from the lively club.

As the drunkards continue to near him, my muffled cries become louder and more urgent. He should go and report this to someone, rather than face them on his own! Who knows how dangerous they are, especially when they're not thinking coherently?

The person holding me hostage seems to be the only one who is somewhat sober and actually knows what they're doing. Fed up, he clenches his teeth in annoyance. "We warned you," he says angrily. Turning to the others, he commands, "Get rid of him."

I hope to God that 'get rid of him' doesn't mean what I think it does.

"Will do, boss," I hear someone drawl out. The five henchmen start to surround him. I need to think quickly. How can I save myself and him? And then it hits me. Why didn't I do it earlier?

Using all of my force, I kick the guy who's holding me down there where the sun doesn't shine. Thank God I'm wearing heels, they probably made the damage 10x worse.

Mission accomplished.

He howls in pain, grabbing his crotch while screaming, "Fuck!" He narrows his eyes at me and seethes, "You little bitch, now you've done it."

Worried about mystery guy, I run to him as fast as I can considering I'm wearing heels. I grab a hold of his jacket, tugging him harshly.

"What are you doing?" He clenches his teeth and balls his fists, still staring at the five drunk guys.

"Saving you," I state obviously. "Come on let's get out of here, I'm not leaving without you." I tug him again.

"Not before I take care of these douchebags." He says authoritatively, no question in his voice whatsoever.

Why is he even doing this for me, someone he barely knows?

In one swift motion, he knocks out one of the men with a hard punch. He passes out cold on the ground as I watch the entire scene in awe.

How in the hell...?

They try and scamper away, but he's just too fast for them. Not wanting to see the sight, I turn my head away just as I hear a couple of grunts and punches being delivered. Someone suddenly grabs my right hand and I yelp, only to see that it is my mystery guy. "You can look now."

Slowly, I look back and see the men in a heap on the ground, all knocked out cold. Ohmygod, are they...?

"They'll be unconsious for the next couple of hours," he answers my thoughts.

"How did you even..."

"No questions. We have to go before someone finds the passed out bodies. Give me your hand." He interlaces his fingers with mine without waiting for my response and I immediately feel sparks shoot up my arm. I keep up with his pace as he drags me through the sweaty bodies that are grinding in the club. My face heats up when I remember that I was one of those people not too long ago, dancing with the same guy who is holding my hand now.

We finally get out of the hot and humid air inside of the club and reach the cool, brisk air outside. I still smell the horrid stench of cigarette smoke around me, but anything is better than the thick air in the club.

He hasn't let go of my hand yet.

He gives the valet parking man his information to verify his identity for his car. I strain my ears to hear his name in the conversation, but of course, his name isn't mentioned once. I sigh in defeat.

"Are you okay?" He asks, a concerned expression etched on his face.

"I think so, thanks for asking."

As we stand there waiting for the car in complete silence with each other, I listen to the bustling of the very busy city of Los Angeles in the background. Because there are so many people who live in LA, people seem oblivious to each other's lives in the environment. Everyone doesn't know everyone, and therefore, life is always interesting. What amazes me the most is how my life was threatened by random men a short while ago, but people continue to live their life, all seemingly in their own world of me, myself, and I.

The purring of an engine is almost inaudible as a black Audi cruises up to the scene in front of us. I wait for its owner to get in so that the valet can drive mystery man's car up.

Soon thereafter, I smile to myself when I think about how handsome the mysteriously sexy guy standing next to me is. I had a schoolgirl crush on Pierce, who is still very hot (don't get me wrong), but this guy affects me in a different manner. Why and how do I feel this way about someone whose name I don't even know?

I am released from my train of thoughts when he speaks. "Hop in."

He walks over to the driver's side of the black Audi that's still in front of us and shocked would be an understatement when I realize what he means.

This beautiful creation is his car. Wow. I cautiously step into the passenger seat on the right side of the vehicle, still in incredulity at the fact that he owns this. Either way, it's better than having nothing, my subconscious tells me. I myself need a car so I'm not as dependent on other people to transport me to places.

I buckle my seatbelt as he asks, "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I respond.

I begin to wonder, how stupid am I really? To get in the car of some guy who I danced with at a club? Exactly how careless could I be? These questions swirl around in my head as he puts the car in drive and we accelerate off into the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The positive feedback and comments I've been receiving for Fifty Shades of Average has been overwhelming! I can't thank you all enough! <3

***Next Update Goal: 1.7K reads total, 15 votes on this chapter :)

Xoxo,

Alexis~~