21

Part of me didn't know what to think at the moment.

I didn't know what to do.

I had over a million messages from Tristan's dad, saying that Tristan had got into a horrible crash.

When I got to the hospital, I saw Tristan's Dad, sitting in the waiting room looking unusually calm.

I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

The man looks up at me, eyes sadder than ever.

A rush of feelings come at me all at once and I stumble over myself, trying to put the right words into a sentence.
He smiles, even though I could see right through that smile.

"I'm so sorry. I-I.. I wanted t-to hel-"

"No no, it's fine. He'll be alright. He's always alright." The old man says, looking forward with the sad, forced smile still upon his face.

I take a seat next to him and take my hand off his shoulder.

I nervously fidget with my fingers, thinking of something to say.

"I could've stopped him from going." I say, looking down at my hands.

The old man looks over at me and puts his hand over mines and squeezes it.

"There was nothing else you could've done that you haven't done already."

I nod solemnly.

"And I thank you for loving him even when I didn't have enough time to."

I look at Tristan's father utterly confused.

He looks ahead, that sad look making my heart go even more out for him.

"I don't think he should be your burden anymore. I think he needs some alone time before he could be with anyone else."

"S-so you're saying that you want us to take a break?"

"Please. It would do him good so that he can get back on his feet again. Promise me you'll do it until this is all over." The old man says, eyes bright and furious with hope.

I look away.

"This is just temporary, right?" I mumble, causally looking at him again.

He nods.

This could only mean one thing.

I have to break up with Tristan.

❀ ❀ ❀

The nurses clear way of Tristan and for the first time in a long time I see him.

I covered my mouth in anguish.

He were badly bruised in the face and heaps of bandages were held on his arms and legs tightly with pins. He had a tube taped to his mouth.

The doctor looks at Tristan's father and I.

"He's under a breathing treatment so he won't be able to talk to you."

I walk over to him slowly, my heart clenched tightly.

I touch his leg gently and his swollen eyelids snap open. He looks at me and I tense up.

He tries to sit up but struggles.

"No no no." The doctor and I hurry over to him and push on his chest gently so that he could lay back down.

Tristan looks at me with a furious glint in his eye and his jaw tightened.

I sigh a bit.

"I-I came t-to talk."

I look back at the old man and he nods at me slowly.

I turn and look at Tristan again, my heart tightening as I look at him.

His chest heaves and he looks at me curiously.

A tear rolls down my cheek and I bite down on my lip.

I take a deep breath then let the words roll out.

"I don't think we should be together anymore."

Tristan looks at me, confused.

"We have to take a break. I want you to get better, I want you to be better. This is for your own good." I say as I wipe the tear off my cheek.

I can tell he were grinding his teeth by the way his jaw was moving.

He was angry with me.

I gently kiss his cheek. "I'm doing this because I love you."

And with that I turn and leave the room without taking one glance back at. I look at the old me and he smiles that smile he had before and my heart clenches even more for him. I open the door and walk out.

❀ ❀ ❀

Okay okay so I know I haven't been posting much but I have a lot going on right now..

And I'm sorry if you saw this update earlier, I had to do something lol..

Tristan is now single again but badly bruised but who still want him?

I know I would... But I'll post whenever..

Please be patient with me.

-ISS