nine

"Well I would say today was successful." Harry says with a smile as we walk back into our dorm.

It was a quarter past nine and we were out all day with my family. Harry and my family really hit it off, enough to make up for this morning.

"You should meet my mom again." Harry tells me, taking off his shirt getting ready to shower, he had grass all over him from the twins throwing it at him in the park.

I nod and peck him on the cheek, "I would love to meet your mom, Haz."

Harry giggles and jumps into the worm shower, "yeah, she probably wouldn't react like your mom did today."

I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth, only to stop halfway through to say, "yeah. Sorry about that. She was scared for me."

"I understand, Lou. Honestly I would react the same way if I were in her situation." He tells me a but louder, trying to speak over the sound of the water hitting the tile of the shower.

I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and start to get ready to shower myself, I grab a towel and a wash cloths and with a little laugh I open the shower door. Scaring Harry, who was washing his hair.

"Lou!" He exclaims, "I got shampoo in my eye!"

"So sorry, babe." I tell him, taking my moist washcloth and rubbing it around his eye.

He laughs a little and grabs the washcloth out of my hand muttering, "you aren't helping you are just making it worse."

He turns around and I start playing with his soapy hair, rubbing the soap into his scalp.

Harry, who was trying to act nonchalant about it, ended up moaning.

I giggle and take the shower head to rinse out his soapy hair. "Nice and clean."

Harry turns to face me and pushes me against the shower wall, kissing my lips.

"Let's finish showering," he says, "and we can cuddle and talk about today."

~

Harry is pressed against me, he loves being the little spoon. I lay my head on the crook of his neck and say, "so you want me to meet your mom?"

Harry nods, he was playing with my fingers and he says, "she will love you, still love you, I mean. She loved you when we were younger."

"I remember her messing up my hair every time she came to pick you up." I tell Harry.

He nods, "she used to talk about you a lot when we moved. I figured you wanted to forget about me so I told her not to talk about you anymore."

I smile, "who knew that in a matter of years I would be the only thing you talk about."

Harry rolls his eyes and says lovingly, "I would love to talk about you for the rest of my life. I will be on my death bed talking about this beautiful boy with feathery hair and beautiful eyes."

"I will be talking about you too." I tell him, "I will be an 80 year old man talking about Harry Styles, a tall giraffe who looks like a frog."

"Fuck you." Harry says laughing.

~

"I was thinking we could go visit my mom today as a surprise. You can meet my sister too, well step-sister. Her name is Gemma she is pretty great." Harry says. We had just woke up and we're taking about what we were planning to do today.

"They live about two hours away," he says, "but if we leave early enough we could get there around lunch time."

I nod and kiss his nose, "sounds good. Let's get ready to leave."

The whole ride down Harry was talking about his mother, his step father, and his step sister. How supportive they all are. What they did two summers ago, things like that. Harry was excited to see his family again, he hadn't seen them since school started.

"We are meeting them at a Mexican restaurant, it's like down the road." He says pointing, "right there!"

I park and go inside the restaurant, holding hands with Harry. I search around, nervous to meet Harry and his family. After a couple of seconds searching for his family, I hear a feminine squeal.

"Harry!" A tall girl exclaims running to hug her brother, "long time no see. Mom and dad are over there. I was just coming back from the bathroom. You must be Louis. I've heard a bit about you from mom."

I nod, "I've heard a bit about you from Harry. And between the three of us I stalked your Instagram account. You seem very aesthetic."

"Thank you!" Gemma says, "best compliment I heard in a while. I like you already, Louis."

"Suck up." Harry mutters to me, before walking to the table to greet his parents.

After an awkward greeting and a very long hug from Harry's mom, we decided to order our food.

"You know Louis, you don't look like a tostada type of guy." Robin says to me.

"Trying new things, sir." I laugh a little, "as weird as it sounds I've never had a tostada."

"I am insulted!" Gemma exclaims, "tostada's are the love of my life."

"You're a freak, Gem." Harry giggles.

Meeting Harrys family was not as dramatic as him meeting mine. We sat, and ate, and just talked. By the end of lunch it was almost 3 pm and Harry and I had to head back to campus to get ready for school the next day.