Chapter 1

Lara surfaced above the water, flailing her arms in a wild stricken panic as the water tumbled down her throat. She choked, coughing before going under the waves of water. She spun a few times under the water, before her foot hit land and she pushed up again. She managed to grip a piece of wood that was floating by as she coughed heavily, taking wheezy breaths. She pushed towards the land, and what felt like hours later, she hit the shore, crawling up away from the water.

She lay on her back, coughing up the remaining amount of liquid from her lungs. The sky was dark, but a small beam of light was just beginning to stretch across land. She pushed her body up off the ground until she was leaning on one arm, studying her surrounding area. Lara shook her head painfully. The world was beginning to sway around her, and her arms were beginning to shake.

"Lara! Are you there?!" A distant voice yelled. Lara's eyes snapped back open, but her arm gave out, and she landed on her side with a heavy thump. She took in one large breath of air, "I'm here!" she called out, desperation in her voice.

-------------------

"I'm here!"

Nate's head whipped up at the sound of the females voice, his heart racing. He hadn't been hearing things right? He followed the sound of the call, before stopping once more to call for her, "Where are you?!" he yelled, but no reply came, which built up worry in his chest. He raised a hand over his eyes, looking for any signs of life. That's when he saw her, on her side.

"Oh god. Lara!?" He roared, taking into a sprint. He nearly tripped a few times, but he had got close enough to see her features. He slid on his knee's the rest of the way, stopping short a few inches as his breath began to quicken. "Lara! Lara, I'm here," he said in a hushed whisper, taking the Brit into his arms. She looked up to him with a smirk, "Well hello there,"

Nate sighed heavily, clutching his beating heart, "Jesus you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Lara chuckled a little, pushing her heavy body off the ground. Her head spun for a moment before she regained balance. She offered a hand to Nate, who gladly took it.

As they got further and further inland, there were more and more obstacles, one such obstacle was a gorge, stopping their progress. A plane, WW2 era looking, had crashed against the waterfall, but from Nate's point of vision he could make out area's where he could climb across. After some time, he had figured out the safest route across.

He glanced over his shoulder to where Lara stood, who was leaning against a rock, examining the plane. It had burn marks on it, like I had been struck by thunder and ignited immediately, before crashing into the waterfall it remained in. Nate stood back.

"So I suggest, going from the cockpit to there—"Nate started, but Lara had her own plans, which she informed him of, "You go first, and then I'll know the safest path,"

Nate chuckled, "Oh, am I the guinea pig now?"

"You are the one who is 99 percent sure that your way is the right way. I just want to see if you're right," Lara challenged, folding her arms. Nate's eyes narrowed playfully, "Oh, it's on,"

Nate took a running leap onto the army green plane, which gave a jolt at the force. Nate yelped, jumping to the next ledge quickly as the first one collapsed. Lara smirked, and Nate narrowed his eyes in annoyance, shuffling across the metal bar and to the wing. It groaned with Nate's weight, which only made the treasure hunter move faster. He jumped to the grassy ledge with a thump, raising his arms in the air like a gymnast in the Olympics who was after doing brilliant. Nate looked over to Lara who was clapping sarcastically. He bowed in response as Lara took a running start to the plane.

As she leapt onto it, the plane jolted dangerously. Nate's victorious grin soon faded to a worried one as the plane began to dislodge from its position. Lara's looked up in panic, climbing to the cockpit and looking onto the grassy ledge several feet below her. She shut her eyes and jumped, letting a yell as she came close to the ground. She hit the ground and tumbled on impact, when Nate quickly helped her to her feet and then ran. The plane collapsed just behind them.

"I win," Nate gasped.

"Shut up."