***

        "Hi, Dad, I am back from my first day of school!" Emerald came home throwing her backpack on one of the many armchairs that set in the living room and tying her hair into a pony tail. Mr. Morgan was resting on another arm-chair, reading the day's newspaper.

        "Hello my precious daughter! Come here." He leaned forward and extended his arms as Emerald scrunched up her face in annoyance. He hugged her and placed a gentle kiss atop her head.

        "How was your day, my kitty?" he asked with amusement as he watched Emerald's facial expressions continue to change.

        Her light mood went out the window. "Don't even ask, Dad! People are all asses! They are so annoying! There were at least a hundred students and they all were from the same high school! They were barking like dogs and it was so messy and smelly! Lord! And I can't even tell you the most surprising part of it!" Emerald scoffed as Mr. Morgan interrupted her.

        "My girl! What happened?" he carefully listened to what Emerald responded with.

        "That asshole! I mean, that guy whom I picked on at the Annual Spring festival, do you remember him?" Mr. Morgan nodded and Emerald continued her rant. "Okay, that bloody jerk, he is my art teacher! I mean, what the hell! He insulted me as soon as he saw my face! He even bullied me in front of the whole class! I reported him to Mr. Richard and he almost fired him." She laughed as Mr. Morgan watched her closely.

        "Emerald! You should not use those words for your teacher! And...why did you do that to the poor man?" Mr. Morgan scolded her as if she hadn't been the one bullied all day long.

        "Dad! You don't even know... Fine! I knew you would scold me anyway! I know I am a worthless creature to you! To the whole world!" she cried and stomped upstairs to her room.

        "Emerald! Ah...this girl," Mr. Morgan sighed but couldn't do anything more.

        Emerald was fuming. She hated when her father treated her like a little kid but never listened to her. After resting a while she packed her art things into a bulky purse and marched off down the steps and out the door, headed to the beach.

        "Emerald, where do you think you are going?" Mr. Morgan grabbed her hands and peered into her fiery eyes.

        "If you have a problem with me leaving, come with me!" she yelled and yanked her hands free from his hold.

        "Emerald, stop behaving like a five-year old!" Mr. Morgan shouted back, beyond upset by her behavior.

        "What are you going to do? Lock me up? Send me back to live with my witch of an aunt? You know what, go ahead, I don't care!" she snorted.

        Mr. Morgan stopped himself from snapping back. He knelt down and, gently taking hold of her hands again, he said, "Look, Emy, you're my only daughter. I love you. I don't want you to spoil your life, but if you keep acting like this you will end up hurting yourself."

        "Yeah, whatever! If you're done now, I need to go," she exclaimed.

        "To the beach?" he asked softly so as to hide his growing frustration.

        "Where else?" she smirked.

        "Take Anna with you." He called for Anna.

        "Please take care of her, Anna!" Mr. Morgan said loudly as they both rushed towards the beach.

                              ***