Chapter 2: Meeting Fire Fist Ace

Kaye's Pov
"So, how has everyone been? Got any new crew mates?" I asked while walking alongside Marco, Thatch, and Izo (who I would consider my best friends on the ship, with Haruta and Vista close behind). 

"Everyone is doing pretty well... considering the fact that Pops keeps getting attacked by HIM..." Izo muttered the last part so quietly I almost didn't hear him. 

"Pops is getting attacked?! But who would be stupid enough to think that they can take down Pops?!" I exclaimed, surprised and baffled. 

Marco and Izo snorted in amusement, and Thatch laughed out loud "Oh man! I wish Ace was nearby so I could see his face when you called him stupid!" 

"He would probably blow a gasket if Ace had heard her." Izo said, surely smirking behind his fan. 

"Maybe he would. I wouldn't put it past him to do just that, yoi. But anyway, to answer your question in a short version of events: Ace attacked Pops, We sort of kidnapped Ace because Pops wants Ace to be one of us, and Ace is attacking Pops for reasons unknown, yoi." Marco explained, sighing afterward. 

"Ace...Ace... where have I heard that name... Ooohh... You have Fire Fist Ace on board? That explains it. Ok, I'm going to meet this guy." I said, then as the three of them stopped and stared at me in disbelief (Thatch), worry (Marco), and slight pity (Izo), I gave them a look. 

"Don't look at me like that. I'm going to meet this guy face to face because I want to. Don't try to convince me not to, it's not gonna work on me. I'm going to see him, now where is he?" I half demanded, half asked. 

Marco sighed, then pointed toward the back of the ship. "He usually sits there against the railing on the deck, yoi. You could find him there almost every day." 

I tilted my head slightly, silently asking how he knows that; and knowing what I was asking, he sighed "Pops put me up to the task of trying to talk to him." 

"More like TAKING CARE of him." Thatch muttered loudly, and giving me a slight grin, Marco turned around so fast and flung Thatch over his shoulder. 

As Thatch shrieked in fear while being carried away, Marco called back to me "Good Luck, yoi!"

Izo mimicked Marco saying good luck to me, walking off in a different direction, I called back "Thanks, but no thanks!" 

After they disappeared, I turned in the direction where Marco had pointed and began to walk.

 Before I could think about anything, I reached the back deck, and I looked about. 

No one was back here at this time of day, but only one person sat alone. 

'That must be Fire Fist Ace.' I thought, walking toward him. 

As I approached, he moved his head up a bit. 'Here goes nothing' I thought.

Ace's Pov
As I woke up from my narcolepsy attack, I heard footsteps coming toward me. 

Noticing that I hadn't heard them before, I lifted my head, glaring at whoever it was. 

However, I was not prepared to see a young woman, kneeling in front of where I was sitting, but not too close to scare me. 

I must have had a surprise look on my face, for she giggled and said "Don't see a lot of women on this ship do you? That's ok, I understand. I'm pretty much the only female pirate on this ship, not including the nurses though. At least, I think I am. Haven't seen any others... Oh, sorry about that. I kinda ramble whenever I meet someone new to the crew, I can't help it. Anyway, my name is Kaye. Your 'Fire Fist' Ace, right? I've seen your wanted poster. Pretty awesome bounty for your first one, but mine is higher than yours. No offense or anything. Oh crap, I'm rambling again. Ugh... sorry. I've just really wanted to meet you for some time, and I guess I just wanted to lighten the mood up a bit, considering the fact you're attacking Pops and all..."

 I stiffened, but she smiled at me, as if she didn't really care. "You don't have to tell me why you're doing this or anything, it's your business. I'm not gonna press you for answers because I know I'll just make things worse and it's not right to get into other people's business. Just remember this: if you need to talk about anything that's bothering you, or just want to talk in general, I'll be here for you. I like to help anyone who needs it, and I'll help if you want me to. One thing I like to tell anyone who I come across is that I don't judge anyone for anything: not parentage, not heritage, or anything really. I accept everyone for who they are. I don't want anyone to change who they are. So, if you ever need a friend to lean on or vent about something, I'm here. That's what friends are for. I'll leave you be now. Don't stay out here too long though, I wouldn't want you to get sick  when it rains tonight. See you around, Ace."