She watched as the two boys slowly walked in the opposite direction.

While waiting for them to get back, she quickly took out her phone and decided to play the game Kotaro wouldn't shut up about.

She heard footsteps approaching her, guessing it was probably the two boys returning with their drinks.

"Hamasaki."

She was too caught up in the game that she didn't even bother to look up.

"Mmm?" she muttered, assuming it was Akashi.

Wait, did he just call me by my-

She looked up suddenly and her eyes went wide.

She found herself looking at a familiar pair of sea-green eyes, glowing wondrously under the glow of the night lamp.

"M-Midorima-kun," she uttered, her voice shaky from being caught off guard.

She quickly got up from the bench, her mind still in a daze from the sudden interaction.

He was still wearing his Shutuko uniform, his basketball placed in the middle of his hips and the palm of his hands.

"What are you doing here? Are you alone?" he asked. His voice was still and collected.

"No, actually. I came with Seijuro," she explained, fidgeting with her fingers.

Truthfully, a part of her was happy to see him, but the other part wished she didn't have to face him this soon.

After hearing about the engagement, she tried to push the thought of Midorima away. Not because she wanted to stop liking him, but because she knew the longer she held on, the more it will hurt.

But this; randomly bumping into him at the most inconvenient time, was not part of the plan.

For so long, she's been madly in love with him, and she didn't think the day like this would come where she'd have to give up her feelings for him.

She loved Midorima, but the thought of disrespecting Akashi crushed her heart. Whether or not the engagement was just for show, she didn't want to get into it half-heartedly.

But standing in front of Midorima now made her legs weak, and she wishes he'd make the first move and leave her alone.

"I heard about it" he commented.

"You're engaged with Akashi, aren't you?" he added, as he pushed the centre of his specks back up to his nose.

Her eyes went wide.

"How did you know that?" she questioned, feeling a slight panic in her chest.

Did Akashi tell him about this?

"I heard it from my father. Your parents already spread the news," he continued.

She clenched her fist in silent rage.

Why would her parents do that? The engagement isn't even officiated yet, and as far as she knows, this was something they should have asked her about first.

What if the students in her school found out about this? Especially the female population. They already disliked her due to her affiliation with Akashi. The news will definitely earn her a few more haters.

"Oh," she replied, her head hung low. She couldn't look him in the eye.

He took one step closer.

"Hamasaki, listen carefully," he trailed off.

He leaned onto her left hear and whispered something that completely made her rigid.

She was still stunned to silence when he decided to walk away. It was like every single reason to love him floated away.

She was so caught up in her feelings that she didn't even notice the red-head return, his eyes filled with concern as he observed the girl, on the verge of tears.

His words replayed in her mind like a broken record.

"You never stood a chance with me. Snap out of your dream and go to him where you belong."

Hello my wonderful readers :))

I'm back. Sorry for not updating yesterday, I have to attend an important school event so yeah.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter <3

Oh and I assume you guys all love sport anime right? Did you guys hear about the upcoming volleyball anime Haikyu! produced by production I.G?

Ahhhhhh I'm literally dying. I can't wait! :"")

Anyways, bye guys. Love you <3