•epilogue•

As Jacob exited the loop and headed back to the hotel, he thought about Y/N and when he'd see her again.

He went up the staircase to their room, where he found his grandfather sat at the chair, watching the television.

"Where's mom and dad?" Jacob asked him with tears in his eyes.

"They're at the beach, they'll be back soon so get packi—" Abe looks up at him, "What's wrong, Jake?"

Jacob explains everything to his grandfather and how much he wanted to bring a girl with him to the future. (AKA Florida) He wanted to show Y/N the world beyond loops and make her happy.

His grandfather understood this.

"There is a way, Jake." He said smiling.

"There is?"

"Yes. You just need to ask the bird for the potion."

"What do you mean by potion?" Jake asked his grandfather, he was more than confused.

"Miss Peregrine has kept a potion that allowed peculiars to live out of loops, prevent them from catching up to time, and dying. It made them age just like they were born around the same time as you." Abe explained to his dumbfounded grandson, who now couldn't contain his excitement.

"Why didn't you tell me this when I was with Emma?"

"Because. She's been through a lot, Jake. And both of you seemed like you wouldn't last long. You've lost your feelings for her quite quickly."

Jacob nods as he ran back to the loop and entered it. He found Miss Peregrine walking with Y/N not very far from where he was, so he chased after them.

"Y/N! Miss Peregrine!"

"Jake!" Y/N turns her head to see the only boy whom she loved. She hugged him as tight as she could. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Florida?"

"I came back because there's a way I could bring you with me." Jacob smiles, as Y/N did too. "I just need to ask Miss P for the potion."

"Miss P?"

Miss Peregrine nods, smirking as she led the two back to the house and into her study.

"Everyone! Jake is back!" Millard yells, alarming everyone as they looked for the boy. They found him in their headmistress' study.

"Jake, why'd you come back?" Bronwyn asks him with confusion.

"Because, Wyn, I'm taking Y/N with me." He tells her with excitement. This caused a burst of shock in everyone's expression as the older kids enter the room. Miss Peregrine was still looking for the potion in the cabinets.

"Y/N? You're leaving us too?" Emma asked her, tears brimming her eyes.

"No, no, no—well maybe I am leaving, but I will come back. I will visit all of you with Jake, soon." Y/N assures her with a warm smile.

"You can't leave us. You can't leave me. It's too risky leaving a loop." Enoch argues. He was crying too.

"I know I can't leave Enoch, but I love Jake and I'm willing to risk anything for him." She turns to her lover, whose arm was draped across her shoulders as he smiled at her.

Enoch tried to understand. He did. He knew he'd do the same for Olive too. The other kids understood that Y/N chose to be with Jacob because they loved each other, and they wouldn't be able to survive without the other's presence.

But Emma on the other hand, just couldn't pinpoint why she hadn't been told about this potion and why she couldn't be with Jacob. But she had to accept that maybe they really wouldn't work out, so she was happy for Y/N and Jacob—well, she tried.

"Ah, you little sucker," Miss Peregrine exclaims, finally finding the potion and holding up the bottle filled with a grayish blue liquid. "Drink up, dear."

Y/N takes it from Miss Peregrine's hand. She pops off the cork slowly and brought it to her lips. Nervous, she turned to Jacob for assurance. When he nodded, she started to drink it.

She didn't feel anything—except for that giddy feeling you get when you know you'll be with your special someone.

"It's time to go, then." Miss Peregrine tells them.

"Yeah," Y/N nods as she hugged everyone goodbye, including Emma, who looked sad, but still happy for her.

Enoch looked sad, but he knew that in that time that Y/N was gone, Olive would be there by his side to make him happy—if not, even happier than Y/N made him. So he bid her goodbye.

Y/N hugged Olive and gave her a warm smile, and to the rest of the kids too.

Jacob took Y/N's hand as they walked out of the house with Miss Peregrine accompanying them to the loop exit.

"Bye everyone." Jacob says one last time.

"Take care, Y/N. Keep each other safe, okay? We'll always be here, and you know where to find us." Miss Peregrine tells them as soon as they had arrived at the loop exit.

"We'll send you letters, Miss P. Goodbye," Y/N waves as Jacob did too, and they finally exit the loop.

"Ready for a life outside a loop?" Jacob asks her with a huge grin.

"You know I am." Y/N smiles as she kissed Jacob passionately.

Jacob had never felt so at home before. He held her waist while his other hand caressed her cheek as he smiled into the kiss.

And in that moment, he knew that their love really would last an eternity.

END.

~

its not the end! well, it is, but if y'all like, i could make little blurbs about your life with jake. you know, like cute events

so let me know if you guys would like that. im encouraging you all to tell me your opinions :)

love u lil muffins

~ anastasia 💟