•twelve•

"What is it, Jake?" Y/N asks him as they walked out hand in hand to join the others. Her voice was laced with confusion.

"I have to get back to Florida today." Jacob explained sadly. "I'm sorry." Tears were threatening to fall.

"It's fine, we'll find a way." Y/N told him, trying to keep calm and not break down.

"We can't. I want to bring you with me—but if you spend too long in the present, you'll eventually catch up to time and—"

"Die." Y/N cries, looking him in the eyes.

"It's best if you stay here, where you're safe in your own time." He assured her, caressing her cheek.

"And live this day again and again? I can't do that anymore, Jake. I wanna see how life is like outside a loop. I wanna see the future."

"You know you can't, Y/N."

"I know that. And that's why we, whatever relationship we have, can't work out." She wiped her tears and sat down on the back of the carriage. Jacob was on the verge tears, and he tried his best not to let them fall.

"Y/N wait!" He chased after her, sitting down as well.

The way to the house was quiet. The other children saw the tension between Jacob and Y/N. Miss Peregrine had explained to them the night before that Jacob would be leaving soon, so they understood what Y/N was going through—being left by someone who she truly loved.

Once they had arrived, Y/N walked to her room slowly. "Y/N, I'm so sorry," Jacob runs after her.

"Jake, it's okay. You enjoy your life out there, meet new people and don't worry about me." She smiled at him, tears running down her cheeks. "And until then, I'll be here waiting for you to come back."

"Y/N, I can't do that, I can't leave you again. There must be a way that you'll be able to come with me." He says, scanning all the ideas that his head could create. None of them were good enough.

"There isn't." Y/N tells him firmly, hoping that Jacob would leave.

Jacob sighs sadly as he turned to Miss Peregrine.

"It's time to go, Jake. Say goodbye to everyone." She tells him.

After he hugs each and every one of the peculiars, he looked at Y/N who was trying to avoid him—she was hoping she'd get over the situation if she stayed out of it.

"Everyone," Miss P calls as they all turned their heads. "We'll go with Jake to make sure he's safe going out the loop."

Y/N nods as she walked with Jacob and Miss Peregrine heading to the loop exit, and the other children walking behind them. As soon as they got there, Jacob looks at her, tears running down his cheeks.

"Bye, Jake." She said, avoiding eye contact.

He lifted her chin up gently so he was staring at her eye-to-eye.

"Y/N, no matter what happens, my love for you will last an eternity. I love you, and that's all you need to know." He leaned in to kiss her passionately one more time.

Everyone looked at them both in awe, including Emma, who had finally come to realize and understand that love doesn't always work out and Enoch, too, who eventually found happiness with Olive.

He waved goodbye to everyone else and exited the loop.

"I love you too, Jake." She whispered before seeing him smile.

Y/N turned to face Miss Peregrine and cries in her shoulder as she tried to comfort the girl in her arms.

~

epilogue is coming later so prepare urselvesss

also, y'all should tell me what you think of the story. some of your opinions will really help so dont hesitate to comment :D

~ anastasia 💟