Chapter 7: The Artistic Skeleton

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, you saved my life," he stuttered from shock.

You scratch your head with your hind foot awkwardly. "It was instinct..." you mutter, embarrassed.

"I should've been more careful," he sighs again, getting up. "I could've put us both in danger..." A few rocks tumbled down the gaping hole, sounds of plinks echoing softly. "C'mon, let's get to Waterfall quick so we can rest."

He brushes of some dust and walks a bit more confidently to ground that looks more stable. You follow him quickly, trotting by his side. Glancing up at him, you realize one of his eyes was glowing a bright yellow and you shift your glance to the ground ahead, slightly curious about this skeleton's different features. (Just to clarify, not in the creepy way. It's because you didn't get a clear enough chance to examine his clothing/accessories other than his paintbrush during the fight.)

~~~~~Time skip to Falling Water~~~~~

A soft glow illuminated the walls up ahead and the calm sound of trickling water was relief to your ears. You were exhausted since the incident and you were sure Ink was as well. Ink sighs in relief as you both enter the cavern. There were strange blue flowers everywhere and sure enough, as the name claims, there were waterfalls. The ceiling of the cave was speckled with sparkling stones which imitated the twinkle of stars. You inhale in amazement at the beauty of the sight.

Ink smiles at your reaction and spreads his arms. "Welcome to Waterfall."

He sits down in a bed of the blue flowers and waits patiently as you walk over to a clear stream and drink from it. The cool water sent chills up your spine and slowly began to slack your thirst. You sigh contently and shake off any dust that may have stuck to your fur. You gave Ink an exited but shy, wolfish grin and he smiles back.

 You gave Ink an exited but shy, wolfish grin and he smiles back

(Art definitely does not belong to me. All credit goes to thegreatrouge!)

You take the time to examine his clothing and accessories. He was wearing a brown/tan scarf, shirt(?), shorts, finger-less gloves, and had a huge paintbrush slung around his back. Underneath, he had tight black clothing with a strange blue design. Around his waste was tied a light blue jacket and he had a rainbow of colors at his convenience around his chest. It seemed like he had some savanna camouflage patterned shoes and he definitely looked shorter than Error but a bit taller than (Underswap) Sans. He has a smudge of paint on the cheekbone of his skull but the most interesting thing that caught your attention was his pinpricks or pupils. One was a blue oval and the other was a yellow star with a green center. (Sorry but I'm bad at describing clothing '^')

Ink motions you to come and sit and you quickly bound over, tilting your head in curiosity. Ink taps your nose playfully with a skeletal finger and you recoil, scrunching up your snout. You huff or sneeze weirdly, unamused, and he just chuckled.