Chapter 4

I don't really talk much anymore. Ever since Michael decided to tell me what he really thought of me, I've just been sinking lower and lower. I've no longer a true member of this band. I'm just the drummer.

Things have been awkward between all four of us. Michael tried apologizing to me, but it was obviously forced. I didn't want an apology. I wasn't mad at him for speaking the truth.

Calum and Luke have been avoiding both me after the little fiasco. I don't really know why, but I do know that it's my fault. I shouldn't be so annoying all of the time.

The only relief I ever seem to find is in a blade. I've even started to carry one in my phone case again. I'm becoming bad again, but I don't really care. I'm a waste of space anyways.
-
"Dude, I've been calling you for five minutes." Calum spoke, waving a hand in my face. I blinked and looked up at him blankly. "There's a band meeting in 10 minutes."

"Ok?" I didn't know why he was telling me that. Calum shook his head at me. He grabbed my arm and jerked me up from where I was sitting. I don't see why he's getting mad at me, he's the one that broke into my apartment...

"Come one, Ashton." Calum sighed, frustrated. His grip moved down my arm onto my wrist, and I had to force myself to not wince at the pain. His hand was pressing my bracelets into the cuts on my wrist.

"Okay, Cal!" I jerked my arm away. "I can walk by myself."

"Just hurry up!" Calum snapped. I followed after him as fast as I could, but the damage had already been done. I effectively angered the most easy-going guy I knew.

-

We had met up with Luke and Michael for pizza, again. It seemed like that's all we ever ate, to be honest.

"Michael wants another slice!" Michael sing-songed as Calum and I approached their table.

"Hey guys." Calum flopped down in his chair grumpily. Luke raised and eyebrow as he and Michael looked at each other in confusion.

"Everything okay, Calum?" Luke asked.

"Just peachy."

The other three guys broke into aimless chatter as I sat there and picked at my pizza. I wasn't exactly hungry, and I didn't exactly want to be there. I caught Michael glaring at me out of the corner of my eye, but I chose to ignore him. He was just being himself, anyways.

"Band trip!" Luke suddenly screamed out in joy, startling Michael, Calum, and I.

"What are you talking about, Luke?" Michael asked.

"Well, we aren't functioning as a proper band right now, so I thought maybe we could take a trip to the beach." Luke shyly elaborated.

"Sounds like exactly what we need!" Calum shrieked, earning a few harsh glares from the people around us. Michael nodded in agreement.

"What do you think, Ashton?" Luke asked me.

"Um, it sounds like a good idea for you three, but I'm kind of busy. Sorry. You guys go without me."

"What's your problem, Irwin!" Michael screamed, standing up. "You're going whether you like it or not! If-"

"Michael that's enough!" Luke cut him off while Calum smacked his hand over Michael's mouth.

"No, let him talk." I chuckled, "Please. Why am I even in this band? Of you three hate me so much, just kick me out! After all, anyone can play the drums."

"Ash, stop. We wouldn't be where we are today without you." Luke was visibly upset by my words. I looked over at Calum and Michael. Calum sat emotionless for a moment before standing up and rushing to the bathroom. Michael, however, looked extremely guilty.

"Ashton, I didn't mean-" Michael started, but I cut him off.

"Save it! I'll go to the stupid beach with you!" I sighed.
-
"We live in California, but we're going to the beach in Florida. Anyone want to explain that to me?" I grumbled as we got off the long plane ride.

"It's an adventure, Ash. We could go to the Cali beaches everyday, but Florida beaches? That's a totally different world!" Luke explained excitably. How he always had so much energy, I didn't know.

"Let's just hurry up and get to our hotel. We only get a week here before we have to go back to the studio." Calum whined. He was still mad at me for the other day. And Michael? I don't remember the last time he wasn't mad at me. So, it was safe to say I'd be rooming with Luke. We could only get two rooms since our trip was so totally last minute.

"I want to sleep!" Michael announced.

"I second that." I volunteered.

"You guys are no fun." Luke pouted, "What happened to the banding experience?"

"It's called we all have jet lag and you're going to have to give us a few hours before we start squealing with your puppy-like joy of being here." I supplied sarcastically, earning chuckles from Calum and Michael.

"Well, what if I don't want to sleep?" Luke asked.

"You're going to because your the baby of the band and your older bandmates said to." I snarked again.

"I hate you guys." Luke mumbled.

We eventually made it to our hotel, and I was right. Michael and Calum jumped at the chance of rooming together. We parted ways sis I followed behind Luke to our shared hotel room.

"I need sleep." Luke grumbled, before crashing on one of the beds and falling asleep almost immediately.

"Told you..."