9 》 Trust

Taylor's POV

It had been a few hours since Leah had arrived back from the hospital. She hasn't talked to me or Adam yet. She was still on the sofa crying. I didn't know why. She didn't want me and it absolutely broke my heart.

Adam let me cry in his arms and then I went to my room and just lay on the bed. I was too sad to cry. I was out of tears. I just stared up at the ceiling. I loved that little girl. It was strange really. I had only looked after her for two days but I loved her so much and I never wanted her to leave. Yet there she was, in my living room crying because she didn't want me.

I continued to just lay there until I fell asleep.

I dreamt of her. But in my dream, she didn't hate me. She was hugging me and I was hugging her. Adam was hugging us too. It was perfect. It was all I wanted.

-----

I woke up from my nap and walked downstairs. Adam was in the kitchen chopping up vegetables.

"Hey babe." He said and forced a smile at me. He was upset by this all too, I could tell. "Just cooking dinner." He said. I nodded and walked through to the living room.

There in the living room was a broken little girl. She had buried herself under pillows and was softly whimpering. She must have been running out of tears because she had been crying for most of the day.

I sat down beside her. She shifted so I knew that she felt my presence. She pretended to be asleep so I moved a pillow off of her and began to stroke her hair.

"What happened, baby?" I whispered. I don't know what I was expecting. I don't think I was expecting her to answer anyway. "Why did you run out of the room when we were going to get you checked? You're not in trouble, don't worry. I just want to help you and make you happy." I said.

She moved a little and looked up but then quickly hid her face behind a pillow. She didn't answer, instead she just lay there and sighed. She was on the verge of crying again. I moved closer and pulled her into my arms. I cuddled her and kissed her forehead. She still didn't speak but soon started crying. She didn't run away though. Instead she turned and buried her face into my chest, wiping her tears and snot on my shirt. I didn't mind though, I was happy.

Just when I thought we were ok again she looked up at me.

"Y you lied." She stuttered. I gave her a confused look.

"What did I lie about, baby?" I asked.

"I can't t trust you!" She said. "STUPID GIRL STUPID GIRL! LEAH STUPID! WHY YOU BE SO STUPID LEAH!?" She screamed, beating herself and falling backwards onto the floor. She cried louder and I didn't know what to do. I picked her up and bounced her in my arms.

"You can trust me baby, I'm not going to hurt you."

-----

Leah didn't talk for the rest of the evening. I took her to bed with me and put her on the bed whilst I got into my pyjamas. Adam was up on his laptop in the living room. I walked back in and lay down in bed next to her. I pulled her close to my chest and hugged her. She looked up at me just when I thought she had fallen asleep.

"Sorry for running. When dada went away forever he went to the hospital first and I didn't want to go away forever too. And I always s stupid and trust p people. But y you can't trust everyone straight away. Some p people are bad." She said.

"I love you." Was all I could say. It was all I needed to say.

__________________
Heyyy
Tysm for reading
Please vote and comment - it motivates me to update.
The more votes = The more updates