13 》Orphanage

Taylor's POV

The adoption process isn't going as quickly as I would like. It's been 2 months since we first started it and Leah has been staying with us for the majority of the time. Every now and again she has to stay in the orphanage since we aren't her parents yet. Adam loves her to bits. His eyes sparkle every time he looks at her.

Today I've got to bring Leah back to the orphanage. Usually she would only be there a night or two whilst we did things in court but this time it's for a week. A whole week without her. The thought of having to tell her this broke my heart because she absolutely hated going there.

"Momma?" She said as she walked into the living room. I picked her up and put her on my lap. I was on tumblr lurking my fans and sharing a new cookie recipe which I'm in love with.

"Hey baby." I say and kiss her forehead. I love how she calls me momma already. It melts my heart every time she says it.

"I love you lots, baby. I love you so so much!" I say to her. I take a deep breath and prepare for her reaction. "But now you have to go to the house with all the other kids for a little while. Then you can come back." She starts crying and screaming. My heart breaks to see her like this.

"NO! MOMMA NO!" She screamed.

"Shhh baby it's ok. It's only for a little while."

Leah calmed down after a little while and I started to get her ready to leave. A whole week without her. I didn't want for her to have to leave but at the same time I was excited for some alone time with Adam. Right now he was at the studio working on an album. I haven't started recording for my next album yet. After my last album, 1989, I decided to take a break. The public needs a break from me and I need a break from the public. I know my swifties will miss me but, being the incredible fans they are, I know they will understand that I need some time off. I haven't announced the fact that I am adopting a little girl to the public yet but it's the biggest reason for why I'm taking time off. Leah needs me and I want to be there for her childhood. I want to watch her grow and learn new things and that's going to be hard if I'm traveling around the world for interviews and shows.

-----

"It's time to go." I said to Leah. I  picked her up and placed her on my hip. We had been staying in New York at my apartment. Adam had been spending most nights at my apartment but he hadn't officially moved in. The two of us were still looking for a house to buy together. We had originally intended to move in together in a house in New York or LA seeming as that's where we both worked a lot but I'm having second thoughts. Moving somewhere a little smaller and quieter might be better for Leah. After all, I knew how scared she was of the paparazzi.

We got in the car and Leah kept complaining and crying because she didn't want to go back to the orphanage. I didn't want her to either but there was nothing I could do about it. It was part of the adoption process we were going through and in the long run it would be worth it anyway. We drove down the busy streets of New York and as I looked out the car window I realized that I didn't want Leah to grow up in New York. We needed to find a quieter place. Yes, I'm sure now. We are not going to buy a house in New York or LA.

"Come on Leah, we're here now." I said whilst trying to hand her over to Ms Dane. In the end Ms Dane (the lady which owns the orphanage) had to pull a crying Leah out of my arms. I said a quick goodbye before leaving. 

______________________________________
WOW!!! 300 READS!!!
Vote and comment for updates.
What do you think should happen in the story? Let me know.
Thank you so much for reading,
S