chapter four-photo of Morgan

Four

 I woke to a refreshed sort of feeling, the smell of crisp smell wafered off my sheets; freshly cleaned. I wasn’t going to school today, so I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with my time. I stood and grabbed some clean clothes from my dresser before pushing it out of the way and going to take a shower.

My parents weren’t home, and they wouldn’t be for the rest of the day. I would have to find something to do, I wasn’t going to pack for them to take me to some place where I knew no one and where they were all convinced that I was crazy from the moment they saw me.

It wasn’t until after I got out of the shower and walked down to the kitchen that I saw a note on the fridge. “We’ll be home early to help you pack, mom”

My breath caught in my throat and I ran up to my room. What was wrong with them? They were just going to ship me off so soon. If I knew anything about my parents, it was that the second they got my things packed they’d take me to that place themselves. I was not going to let that happen.

I grabbed a small duffle bag from my closet and filled lightly with a few clothes, only the bare essentials, and placed it by the dresser that I had pushed back in front of my door. Without it there I didn’t feel safe. As if anyone could come and snatch me away, just like my parents were going to do.

I pulled out the envelope that I had from between the floor boards under my bed and opened it as I counted the money. It wasn’t till I heard the slight creak that I stopped. I glanced over at the wall were the window was, and watched as two large shoes were placed on the ground and I could see two large feet in socks walking toward my bed. I heard the creak as he laid down on it.

Never before then had I actually seen him enter my room, he’d always just been there and it only served to help sooth me. There was no way that someone who wasn’t real could sneak into my room. I yelp then as that thought crossed my mind.

He’d grabbed my ankle and was proceeding to pull me out from under the bed. Before I could do anything thing he flipped me over onto me back and stared down at me with a confused look.

“Why were you under the bed?” He asked and reached down, grabbing my wrists and pulling me to my feet. He looked down at the envelope that I still held.

“What’ve you got there Morgy?” He asked and pulled out of my hand before I could answer. I reached for it but he just held it out of my range and pulled out its contents above me. He held the wad of cash in his hand, dropping the envelope and began to count the money. His expression became dark as he neared the end and then looked down at me, my money still in hand. I swallowed hard.

“What were you going to do with all this money Morgan?” He asked, his voice was smooth, and held a sweet lilt to it, but into his tone seeped the anger that he felt and I shrank away from him not sure how to answer.

“I wasn’t doing anything.” I said in a murmur but it was clear that I was lying and we both knew it. I wasn’t going to leave him behind, I would never do that, but me counting my money out of site and the packed bag by my door that also happened to have my dresser pushed in front of it didn’t seem to be helping.

“I wasn’t going to leave without you. I would have waited.” His expression didn’t change but he held my money out to me and I took it, putting it into my front pocket.

“Where, might I ask, would we go?” He asked as he lay down on my bed. He stared at me waiting for an answer.

“Where ever it was you wanted to go last night.” I said back and to that he sat up on his elbows. He smirked licking his lips and scoffed shaking his head.

“Well alright then.” He said standing up and grabbing his shoes from under the window. He slid them on and took my hand, pulling me toward the window.

“My bag.” I said pulling out of his grasp and walking over to it. He stopped me grabbing my wrist once more, and shaking his head.

“You don’t need it where we’re going. Come on.” He put one foot out of the window and proceeded to climb out of my room. When he was out he turned to face me and helped me out as well.

“Why are we going out the window? My parents aren’t home you know. We could take the stairs.” He shook his head as he released my hand and began climbing down the wooden rack on the side of the house. I followed and he plucked me off of it half way down and set me on the ground gently. We stood in my back yard now.

“If we went through the front someone would see us and your living room windows are open.” He said taking my hand and leading me toward the fence at the back of the yard. He turned to me once we reached it and put both hands on either side of my waist and then picked me up lifting me into the fence so that I sat on it with one leg over both sides. As if I was riding a horse.

“Climb over the rest of the way.” He said and followed me. I jumped to the ground and within seconds he was right beside me. He grabbed my hand and pulled m away from my house, and my fence, away from my home and toward the other side of the street.

“Where are we going?” I asked as he stopped in front of a beautiful red car.

“My car.” He said as he pulled the keys front his pocket and unlocked the passenger side. I got in and took in a deep whiff of the new car smell. He ran around the front and hopped into the driver’s seat, easily sliding the key into the ignition.

“What is this?” I asked glancing around the small interior of the car. I was very nice, leather seats and everything.

“A Camaro ZL1” He said absently starting the car and backing out of his parking spot and speeding into the lane.

“Is it yours?” I asked not sure what the answer would be. To be honest I was scared of what it would be too. He glanced over at me after I asked the question with a look of offence.

“No Morgan. That’s what I had to tell you.” He paused for effect. “I’m a bank robber.” He smirked over at me, with that devilish look in his eyes. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“I always thought you were.” I said in a deep tone that mocked his. He laughed at that and slowed to a stop as we reached a red light. I didn’t know the street we were on, and I didn’t recognize any of the buildings. It looked nice though, fine houses, with beautiful lawns and well off looking people the occupied them. He looked over at me as I stared out the window.

“Morgan.” He said my name as he tailed his finger down my spine, causing me to shiver. I instantly turned to tell him to stop, but the second my face was turned his lips caught mine and he kissed me. It was a deep kiss, and he moved his hand up to cup my cheek as his mouth moved against mine. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the light change, but I barely noticed while Dorian pushed his body closer to mine, leaning into me. It wasn’t till someone honked their horn that I pushed him away and pointed to the light.

“It’s green. Go.” I said in a shaky voice, and he chuckled licking his lips and leaning away pushing on the gas and taking off.

“Don’t panic okay Morgy?” He said as he made a sharp and quick turn causing me to jerk to the side. I looked over at him perplexed.

“Hu?” He stopped the car then and took the keys out of the ignition.