Ch.8 Lt. Surge and the unlikely move

The group stayed at the pokemon center for the night. Asura couldn't sleep so she snuck outside to train. She began to fire Aura spheres at the rocks. She soon felt a presence behind her and readied an aura sphere as she turned. As she was about to fire it she saw it was Jessie. She quickly stopped the aura sphere and sat down. Jessie questioned what Asura was doing. Asura explained that she is trying to harness her latent power. Jessie looked at her confused and asked what latent power was. As Asura was about to explain she thought about it. She said that latent power is power you can't use without losing control of it or yourself. Soon Jax walked up scaring both of the pokemon into a fighting stance. After calming the two down before someone got hurt he told them that they need their rest for a surprise in the morning. Jessie noticed that Kera was standing silently behind him. As they went back to the room Asura looked off into the distance with a worried look on her face. The next morning Jax put everyone in their PokeBalls before they ​left the pokemon center so as not to ruin the surprise. As the pokemon were let out of their PokeBalls they saw they were on a cruise ship. He explained that they would relax for a day before they challenge the next gym. Jax felt a shiver go down his spine​. Asura felt the same thing and asked Jax about it. They agreed to keep it a secret from everyone. They walked towards the middle of the boat for some fun. As they saw a few battles going on between passengers a random blond haired girl handed him a large box. Be cautious he used aura to see inside the box. He saw that it was filled with these weird crystals and gems as well as two bracelets. He put the gems and crystals in his bag except for three crystals one with a symbol representing fire, one showing a fist, and a white one with a circle on it. He placed each on a different part on the white bracelet with the white crystal in the middle. Jax continued to walk Asura asked if she and the others could participate in battles. As Jax was about to say yes he was challenged by a woman and a man to a double battle. Jax smiled at this and agreed to it. As they battle was about to begin the woman saw the eevee twins and said that if she won the twins would be hers. Jax looked at the twins worried that they might lose but the twins looked at him like they had a plan. Jax trusted them and agreed to the conditions wholeheartedly. The man and woman sent out an abra and a drowzee. As the battle began the twins used quick attack to move out of sight of everyone except for Asura and Jax who could see them through aura. Jax told the twins to us bite and then use quick attack to rehide themselves.  The twins used special combination attacks like a shadow ball and shadow claw mix to deal massive damage. The drowzee began to grow very angry and started firing psybeams everywhere. The twins went back to where they stood at the start of the battle and Jax noticed the white Crystal on his bracelet start to glow. Soon both of the twins had a sort of yellowish gold glow around them and they began to charge forward. When they hit it sent both psychic types flying into a wall making them faint. Everyone watching was astounded by the power the two small normal types held. They offered to buy the twins off of him. Before he could say anything he was challenged by a tall man and his Raichu. The man asked to battle the blue pokemon he had never seen before. Asura looked at the Raichu who seemed to have fallen in love with her. Jax agreed to the battle not even bothered by the fact that the electric mouse had tried to give Asura a bouquet of flowers. The panicked riolu soon got into her signature fighting stance. The battle began with Asura firing a barrage of Aura spheres as Jax told her to do through their aura connection. She then quickly ran behind them and as each aura sphere hit Asura used force palm on the last one doubling it's power and making the Raichu faint without ​being able to use a single move. As the trainer put Raichu in its PokeBall he tossed Jax something and then left the boat. Jax looked at it to see it was Lt. Surge of the Vermillion city gym. He quickly put the badge away and put the twins in their PokeBalls as an alarm went off for everyone to evacuate the ship as it began to sink. Jax grabbed Asura and went to a secluded spot on the ship as he transformed into a pidgiotto and they flew to Vermillion city safe from the sinking ship.