Snowflakes Cause an Avalanche- Maximum Ride Fanfic

1- Snowflakes Cause an Avalanche

Adrenaline coursed through my body as I ran through the maze. My body ached; my knees wanted to buckle in and allow me to fall, but if I do, they'll shock me again. All I can do is push myself further and further, faster and faster. My heart feels like it's about to explode, I've been pushed so hard. I need the fresh air, and a cup(or gallon) of water would be nice.

"Subject 7, move faster!"A voice over the intercom yells, making a slight buzzing sensation go off in my ears. My ears perk up, even as the intercom goes off. I can still hear and feel the buzzing. I could almost smile, I was so relieved. I close my eyes and exhale: I can see the whole room in complete colour, even me. Thank God for developing my bat-like abilities. Or should I thank the white coats? Na, I'd rather punch them all in the face.

If I turn left twice and right three times, I'd be set free from this maze. I open my eyes, now seeing the white walls of the maze. I push my legs faster, feeling all the blood in my body rush down to them to be able to push me faster.

Left. Left. Right. Right. Right. I run further and crash into a grey wall; the official end of the maze. I double over, clutching my stomach. I would probably be throwing up right now if I had anything in my stomach. Well, besides stomach acid."Well done, little Snow. A personal record."My already upset stomach flips at his words. The sound of his voice is something that I haven't heard in a long time, and it sends shivers down my back.

I'm suddenly lurched forward as two sets of hairy hands grasp my forearms tightly. I'm thrown at the speaker's feet, his minions' arms are still attached to my arms."It's impolite to not make eye contact with your superiors,Snow."He says, but softly. I bite my lower lip as he says so. He knows what he's doing. His fingers snake under my chin, making me look into his eyes--

My eyes open, revealing the off-white ceiling that's above me. I sigh in relief. I rub my forearms, feeling slightly chilly, even with the quilt on me. I roll off my bed and onto the floor with a thump. I glance over, making sure that Max didn't wake up. She looks like she's having a bad dream as well. It's a regular thing for me and her. I have mine about being in a maze, trapped, and then facing the man that brought me hope, but died. Her, about Erasers chasing her through the forest, and flying off the cliff.

Yep. Flying. Me and my flock have wings, each slightly different from another. I personally like mine: black exterior, and then my secondary feathers were a whitish brown. They're also 13 and a half feet across. So, yeah, all of us are pretty special. But getting this way, that's the hard part. And believe me, as amazing as flying is, you don't want to go through with it.

I get up and walk over to me and Max's dresser, picking out some clean jeans and one of Fang's old t-shirts. I guess Nudge really did the laundry. I threw my dirty clothes into the hamper, then slid out the room quietly, making sure that I don't wake anybody up.

I went to my regular spot at the window, waiting for the sunrise. This house had an amazing view of it, especially since you can't get any further to check it out. The house is on slits against the canyon, and is shaped like the letter E on it's side. It feels like I'm floating when I look out the window, even without using my wings.

I stare at the sunrise for about seven minutes before I hear the door to mine and Max's room opens. I close my eyes and exhale; she's walking from our room to the kitchen. She's rummaging through the kitchen, looking for food. Another vibration goes off, making my ears buzz again. Gazzy walks into the room, saying something to Max.

I get up, stretching fully and yawning. I need to get better sleep. I slide through the hallway and make my way to the kitchen."I'll pour juice,"Gazzy offered. He then smiles up at me."Mornin', Snow,"I smile and ruffle his hair. He and his sister,Angel, are such sweet kids. They're the only blood-siblings here, but we're all family."Good morning my little gangster."I say, smiling back down at him.