[JC3] | just detentions.

Start from the beginning

@coonnoorr_n - so, candy just outdid herself. her self-competition game is on point lol

@ohitsaimee - how about we all stop talking about c and n? it's annoying af

I felt my heart wrench at some of the cruelty that was painted all across my Twitter and probably a few other apps as well.

I could hardly control myself in my seat as I saw the smirk on Olivia's face as she liked each and every one of those negative tweets about me. I knew Olivia and she wouldn't let someone who had wronged her get off easily. She didn't only play dirty, she played petty.

Calming myself down with a few deep breaths, I ran my fingers through my hair and told myself to not pay attention to them.

Ignore them. Ignore them. Ignore them.

I chanted the two words as if they were some sort of mantra and willed myself to just get through the few minutes.

However, whenever I closed my eyes all I could see was people glaring at me or calling me insensitive names. My eyes fluttered open and I spent the rest of detention staring into space and planning a conversation that I would be having soon.

_____

"Noah?" I screamed, once I entered the boy's locker room, the sound of my heeled boots ricocheting along the tiled floor.

Every boy in there looked shell shocked as they faced me with questioning gazes. Thankfully, they were all covered up or else I would have had to gauge my eyes out.

I crossed my arms across my chest and asked,

"Where is he?"

"I thought I heard you." Eric announced from behind me and I rolled my eyes resisting the urge to knee him in the balls again.

Ignore, Candice. Ignore.

"So, which one of these fine men are you here for?" He motioned around with his index finger and smirked slightly at my hardening expression.

I decided to ignore him and asked the boys the same question again, hoping for a damn answer.

"Silent treatment? It's fine, I see where your priorities lie." He said and walked past me with a small smirk on his face.

Did I mention I hated his fucking guts?

Before Eric and I could engage in one of our infamous brawls, Noah appeared from somewhere in the back and as if on cue the rest of the team filed out of the room nodding at Noah and/or snickering.

Boys.

"What do you want, Candice? This doesn't exactly look good with everything going on." He asked, unable to meet my eyes. His blond hair was had water droplets dripping from it meaning he had just had a shower.

"Who was the girl?" I questioned, and if someone had blinked they would've missed the slight change of expression in his eyes.

He shrugged, still looking around the room at everything but me.

"You." He said, like a robot who was conditioned to answer a certain thing on command.

I stepped forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"WHO. WAS. THE. FUCKING. GIRL. NOAH?!"

His eyes widened at my tone and he pried my hands off him. He managed to finally look me in the eye and I could see were the lies swirling in them.

"You're insane, Candice. It was you and you were drunk out of your mind." He said, running a hand through his hair.

For a second, I doubted myself. If I were any other girl, I would've believed the tale he just fed me. However, I was the daughter of a policeman and I knew exactly when someone was lying. The fact that he could barely make eye contact with me and started to fidget every time he opened his mouth was enough to draw red flags.

I smirked, bitterly and clapped.

"Wow. You actually had me believing that shit for a second. So, Noah, I'm asking you one last time, who was the girl? Or so help me God, I will tell everyone."

He had the audacity to step closer to me and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ears.

"Tell everyone what? That, you, Candice Hawthorne, didn't kiss her best friend's boyfriend? And, you think people will just believe you? You're the school slu-"

I interrupted his sentence by slapping him across the face so hard that I hope he saw his life flash before his eyes.

I closed my eyes hard enough to keep my anger from getting the best of me. I grabbed my bag off the benches and started walking away before he spoke,

"You'll pay for this, Candice."

I laughed inwardly at his empty threat. What would Noah Flenderson, of all people, do to me? Especially something that was worse than this?

"The only thing I'll be paying for is your hospital bill when I punch you in the face so I would shut up if I were you."

_____

Thousands of thoughts whirled in my mind as I made my way towards the parking lot. I kept on second guessing my own self wondering that maybe just maybe I got drunk enough to kiss him. But, then I realized that I would've never done that- not to Olivia nor to any other girl.

This was on Noah and whoever the other girl was.

I nearly made it to the door but stopped mid way when I heard loud screaming coming from the music room. It was far too late for anyone to be still on school property except if they were doing sports or were serving detention.

I stopped outside the door, which was slightly ajar, and peeked my head through the tiny gap.

A guy, in all black, was facing away from the door and was shouting his head off on the phone.

"I can't let you do that! Get the fuck out of our life!" He brought the phone to mouth and said, his voice full of mirth.

The anger in his tone made me jump slightly causing the door to open a little. I bit my lip hoping he hadn't just heard that.

What the hell are you doing, Candice?

To be honest, I had no answer to that question. I didn't know the guy but was still kind of drawn towards the scene because it was mysterious. What girl wasn't a sucker for that? Especially if the girl had already had a horrible day. But, then I realized that I was being ridiculous and weird.

A loud bang broke me out of my trance and my eyes widened when I realized that he had just punched the wall. Super hard.

Before I could leave, however, the guy turned around and faced me, leaving me with a deer caught under headlights expression.

"So, are you done eavesdropping?"

Oh shit.

_____