Chapter 28: Mustang

Start from the beginning

"All State Alchemists are hiding out for now," Al added.

"She's not," Christopher said as he pointed at me. 

"Okay my name is Levy, use it. Secondly I just escaped from the reason they are in hiding, so I can do whatever the hell I like," I replied.

"Why are they hiding?" he asked.

"An old enemy has resurfaced with new allies, they take down alchemists. They took down Izumi Curtis and Levy, so they are a force to be reckoned with," Winry replied.

"But who is running the country then?" Christopher asked.

"A non-alchemist military officer," Olivier replied.

"Come on, like my dad would let something like this happen. He doesn't run from a fight," Christopher said.

"Run from a fight? Until now it hasn't been a fight," I said. "They've been taking down alchemist after alchemist and who knows what will happen if they get their hands on State Alchemists, I mean Izumi and I were relatively easy to subdue once in their hands, but the others wouldn't be. Especially your father. They would have killed him and my uncle. And where would we be if your father suddenly died? We would be screwed. So why don't you try to understand the situation we're in before making comments."

"We'll see if we can find your parents and get you to them," Winry said. "Until then you stay here, you've been studying alkahestry, so you'll be a target too."

"And if I want to stay and help? I mean if we're going some big bad guy from forever ago that you're all still afraid of and all other alchemists are out of commission, don't you need help?" he asked.

"Your parents ever tell you about the homunculi?" I asked.

"Some, but not a lot," he replied.

"Yeah well Father and Pride are back so we don't need some amateur alkahesterist to get in the way besides you're a civilian and this is a military operation," I argued.

"Scar wasn't military," he pointed out.

"Took down multiple State Alchemists and had alchemy never seen before, try again," I replied.

"May," he said pointing to her.

"She was a princess of Xing and a master of alkahestry already, try again," I replied.

"Ling," he countered. Everyone was just watching us going back and forth not bothering to interrupt.

"Possessed by Greed during the time of the huge battle and he was a prince, so no."

"Winry."

"Not part of the battles."

"Havoc."

"Paralyzed and provided supplies from afar, in other words not part of the fight after leaving the military."

"Marcoh."

"Previously a State Alchemist."

Christoper quietened while he thought. "Hohenheim."

"Come on now,  he was part of the original problem. You're not going to find someone that I can't counter. We are not going to risk a civilian's life during this fight, especially your life because if you die I really don't want to tell your father because I don't feel like dying."

"You can't stop me, you're not even in charge," he argued.

"Really want to test me Mustang?" I asked.

"Maybe I do," he replied.

"Mustangs and Armstrongs will always find a way to fight about something," Al commented and I glared at him. 

"However the Mustang is right, having another person with us will help. So he can help at least until my useless brother gets up here," Olivier replied. 

"Your guys funeral, I'm not going to be in charge of some spoiled boy," I said.

"I'm not spoiled," he said. 

"Uh huh and how many outsiders does Xing teach their ways?" I countered. He didn't say anything which proved my point.

"Levy, find him a room and get him settled. We still have things to talk about," Olivier ordered and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Mustang, follow me," I replied before leaving the room.

~~~~~~

Author's Note

So uh this chapter kinda happened. I was stuck and then I thought "Hey everyone else has kids, why not the Mustangs?" Then I had to explain where he's been... so uh yeah... DON'T HATE ME

Oh and I think some of you might like what I have planned for the next chapter, maybe? Hopefully? I'm uh just going to stop talking now...