Betrayal

After the battle with Amaimon, I put Kurikara back in its scabbard and walked back to the group. Back to my friends and my brother, Yukio. As soon as I got there, I noticed that everybody was starting at me with eyes wide open. "Hello," I asked. Bon snapped out of it first. "What the hell are you trying to pull?!?" "What do you mean Bon?" "You the son of satan! Get away from us!" I took a step closer and they all stepped back. "Guys, what's going on? I just saved you from Amaimon." Everybody had snapped back to reality at this point. "Back off!" Bon said. "We don't want to get hurt." Almost everybody nodded. "Guys, I just saved you from Amaimon! I'm not going to hurt you!" "You're the son of satan! Why should we trust you?!" Again, everybody nodded, except two people. "Yukio, Shiemi, you believe me, right?" Shiemi backed up, not sure how to answer, but Yukio spoke up. "You guys, he's not going to hurt us. You know I'm his twin brother. Do you think I'm going to hurt you?" They all shook their heads. "Then why are you so scared that he will?" Konekomaru stuttered as he answered. "B-because he's the son of satan!" "And I'm not?" "He doesn't even have a reason to become an exorcist!" Even with Yukio defending me, I could still sense his mistrust of me. "Forget it Yukio. It's just as I thought. The moment they found out they chose their side." I started to sob quietly as I spoke. "You know, I'm only half demon. I'm still human too! The only difference between me and Bon is that I have some demonic powers. I can feel your feelings. I can feel the mistrust and the... The rage you have towards me. You want to know why I hate satan? You want to know what happened a few days before I became an exorcist?" When nobody answered, I continued. "A few days before I came here, I learned of my demonic heritage as the paladin, Shiro Fujimoto, my foster father was pulling me into the monastery so as to protect us both from a demon. The demon was trying to take me and travel through a gate to Gehenna. After the demon was exorcised, I was angry that I was kept in the dark of my heritage and acted on that anger telling him to stop acting like my father. Those words left a hole in his heart and, here's the best part of the story, satan possessed him! After that, I watched him die in front of my very own eyes! So don't tell me I have no reason to become an exorcist! I have to be an exorcist! I have to avenge him! If I don't, his death will have meant nothing!" I sobbed. "Then again, it's not like you care. I'm probably still a monster to you." I turn to Yukio. "I'm leaving." He started to speak before I cut him off. "They aren't the only ones I feel mistrust coming from. None of you want me here, not even you Yukio. Before you say anything about how I'm wrong or whatnot, look inside of yourself. Look inside of your heart." After that, I left the camp site.