·{ Late }·

Mulai dari awal

So now me and my sister were walking to the school we had no knowledge of. I had to take out my old phone and use google maps to know where we were going. We were a good 20-minute walk from said school, taking the bus would've taken 10. So we would've gotten to school around 7:45, maybe more due to traffic and the possibility that there was a couple bus stops after ours. Probably only one due to the time schedule it wouldn't make sense to have the bus arrive after 8 since that's when school starts.

"Do you think we will make it? What if we get in trouble?" The younger girl beside me asked, I gave a sigh as she continued to ramble her questions and theories of how we would get punished. "Maybe put in a closet with nails on the door so when they close it you get stabbed! I don't want to get stabbed Jon!"

"You're not gonna get stabbed Jackie. Stop worrying about it." I knew she wouldn't stop worrying. It's what she does.

"Is that the school? It's bigger than the one back in North Carolina." I looked down at my phone so I could answer Jackie's question.

"Nope, that's a library." I chuckle after I glanced at her astonished face.

"But it's so big..."

"That's what she said." I burst out laughing as her horrified face. She gives me a light punch on the arm with a simple grumble of the words "shut up."

Our long trek to school was soon ended as the building entered our view. Said building looked like most other schools, bricks on the outside, windows looking into different classes. A sign out in the front listing new events coming up. The schools name plastered in metal letters above the heavy navy blue doors. 'Ascendant High School'.

"Ready?" I ask Jackie once I face her. Her expression is contorted into one of nervousness as she rocks on her feet and fidgets with her jack sleeves. "You'll be fine. If you need anything just text me or find me in the hallways." I rest my hand on her shoulder for reassurance and she looks up at me with a small smile.

I smile back down at her and wrap my arm around her shoulders, making her walk with me to the front doors of the school.

We successfully made it to the office which wasn't too hard considering that it was just left after you walk passed the front entrance. By this time my arm has dropped from Jackie's shoulders and was now loosely by my side.

"Hey. We are the new students. Jonathan and Jacqueline Denis." I spoke to the lady sitting in the front desk. Her dark toned face was wrinkled into a smile as she moved a piece of curly black hair from her face to look more presentable as a professional desk lady.

"Well, welcome to Ascendant high school, quite a nice place if you rule out the stinky locker rooms and cheap plastic desk chairs." She gave a little laugh at her truthful jokes. Those are in every school. "Hold on one moment please." She turned to her computer and pressed a couple buttons before the sound of a printer erupted. She rolled her black comfortable looking chair away from us and to the noisy printer where she took papers from it. She slid her chair back over to us and handed each of us our schedules. She also wrote on two small papers and handed them to us. "Late slips. Don't want to be sent back here to get one on your first day, you'd miss more than you already have."

I gave the nice lady a nod before readjusting the black backpack that hung off one of my shoulders. I looked down at the printed paper and hummed before looking over Jackie's shoulder and looking at her class.

"You took art?" I question and she nodded with a smile. She was always really passionate about art, but never could do it back in North Carolina because the art teacher hated her because of what and how she drew. I smile at her before patting her shoulder. "I'll see you later, please try to make friends."

"Same to you." She smiled before rushing out of the office.

I gave the lady a nod of thanks again before leaving the office and heading to the first class I had today, which only had 17 minutes left. Guess we spent too much time talking.

-----------

I was dying inside from nervousness due to the fact that once I open the classroom door in front of me whatever I say or do will be judge. I open the door and my day of being judged starts. I checked my phone and this class had 10 minutes left, it took awhile to find.

I took a deep breath before opening the classroom door, cutting the teacher off from her lecture. Her instant response was a raise of one of her clearly penciled in eyebrows. "May I help you?"

I felt eyes on me as I walked up to her, showing her my schedule. She finally seems to get it after a second of starting at the paper with confusion. "Oh, well welcome. You can sit right there." She pointed to one of the seats in the second row at the opposite of the door, it was a window seat. "Do you have a lat-" Before she could finish I handed her the little yellow paper and she nodded. 5 minutes of class. "Well. There is five minutes left and there is really no point in continuing the lesson so you all can do whatever, but do not leave the class until I dismiss you. Not the bell. Me." She clarifies as I make my way to the lone desk next to the window that looks out into a soccer field.

The classroom immediately erupts with chatter. I lean against the desk as I take my phone out, texting my sister.

Jon 🐻- Did you make it to your class ok?

It took a few seconds for her to type a reply, but she did.

Jackie 😜 - Yeah, it was so awkward walking in! Everyone stared at me! A even dude whistled at me

Jon 🐻 - What he does look like? I'll beat his skull in.

Jackie 😜 - XD He does it again and I'll do it myself.

I rolled my eyes at that. Jackie only acts confident through texts, in real life she would hide behind me. It has happened before. A bell made me look up from my phone and towards the teacher who was flailing her arms around trying to tell the students that she dismissed them, not the bell.

I stifled a laugh before powering my phone off and returning it to my pocket.