A Tale Of Two Stans

A/N: I'm not going to be writing out the whole backstory, I'll just be leaving in the narrative parts 

"Finally! After all these long years of waiting, you're actually here! Brother!" Stan yelled looking at the other man stood in front of him but the man just punched him in the face. "Oh! Ow! What the heck was that for?!" Stan yelled at him. "This was an insanely risky move: restarting the portal! Didn't you read my warnings?!" I looked from one of them to the other. "Warnings, schmarnings. How's about maybe thanks for saving you from what appears to be, I don't know, some kind of sci-fi side burn dimension?" Dipper looked just as shocked as me. "Thank you? You think I'm going to thank you for what you DID THIRTY YEARS AGO?!" The man yelled at Stan. "What I did? Why, yo ungrateful.." Stan went to punch the man but he ducked and grabbed him. "Don't expect me to go easy on you, just because you're...family." The other man threw Stan to the ground. 

"Hey, hi. Mabel here. Quick question. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!" She yelled standing in front of the two men. "Stan, you didn't tell me there were children down here. And some sort of large, hairless gopher?" He said looking at Soos, he turned to me glaring and looking at Stan again. "They're your family, poindexter. Sherry's grandkids." Stan said holding the twins shoulders. "I-I have a niece and a nephew?" He shook Mabel's hand. "Greetings. Do kids still say greetings? I haven't been in this dimension for a really long time." Mabel smiled. "Whoa, a six-fingered handshake? It's a full finger friendlier than normal!" She yelled. "Haha, I like this kid. She's weird." Dipper stepped forward. "I-I can't believe it. You're the author of the journals!" Dipper yelled to him. "You've read my journals?" Stan touched my shoulder sending me a sympathetic smile. "We haven't just read the-" I started but the other man clearly wasn't paying attention to me. "I haven't just read them; I've lived them!" Dipper was walking in circles. "I've been waiting for so long to meet you, I-I don't know what to say I have so many questions I-" He started breathing heavily and I touched his arm gently. "Dipper you have time," I said with a small laugh. "Oooohhh I think I'm gonna throw up." I laughed again and the man smiled at Dipper. "Listen, there'll be time for introductions later. But first, tell me, Stan: are there any security breaches? Does anyone else know about this portal?" Stan looked at me and then to his brother. "No, just us. Also maybe the entire U.S. government." I bit my lip. "The what?!"

"Okay. It's all right. We've got a while before they find this room. We just need to lay low and think of a plan." The man said looking at us all. "Well, it looks like we're stuck down here for a while. Who wants to tell us their entire mysterious backstory?" Mabel asked. "Yes, I have some questions about this myself, Stanley." I looked at Stan. "Stanely?" I asked looking at him. "But your name is Stanford." Mabel finished. "Wait, you took my name?! What have you been doing all these years, you knucklehead?!" The man yelled. "Yeah, Grunkle Stan, no more lies! You owe us some answers: What's the deal with this portal? Why did you keep this a secret?" Dipper asked turning to face me and Stan. "And what happened between you and your brother?" Soos stood up and looked at us. "I hope this all aligns exactly with my fanfic, Stan. If not, I will be very disappointed."

"Okay, okay, okay, I have a lot of explaining to do. It all started...a lifetime ago...nineteen sixty something. Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey." Stan said looking at us and starting his story. 

"I lived with my Ma and Pa in the Lead Paint District in the family pawn shop. Dad was a strict man. Tough as a cinderblock and not easily impressed. Ma was a pathological liar, which served her well as a phone psychic. And then there was my twin brother, Stanford. As if his abnormally high IQ wasn't enough, he also had a rare birth defect. Six fingers on each other. Which might have explained his obsession with sci-fi mystery weirdness. As for me, I had what mum liked to call: personality. But as different as we were, we were the perfect team and every day we'd wander to the beach looking for an adventure." Stan said smiling at me as I watched him speak. He went on to tell us about how he beat up Fords bullies and protected him and how they had planned to build Stan-O-War. "Those were the good times. Those bullies may have been right about us not making many friends, but when push comes to shove, you only really need one. Ford's brains seemed to get more impressive every year. So did our pet project. Sure I got more than my fair share of trouble, but when your brother's the smartest kid in school, you've always got a leg up on the competition. The future was lookin' bright. For both of us. Till one day."