I Put A Spell On You

"I have a really bad feeling about this." Tyra said as she and Xander walked over to the shore. It was around noon, the sky was a shade of light blue. The sun was high in the sky, causing the sea to glitter. "What's the date? What time is it?" Tyra asked Xander.

"Well, we left at around midnight on May 13.  When we arrived at Kathy's mansion, it was almost dawn. Time doesn't stand still when you're in the portal. This means that it took hours for us to get there to Miami. It's probably May 14 right at around 12:21 p.m."

Tyra looked at Xander with an amazed face. "How do you know all this?" Xander shrugged. "Before my parents went missing, they taught me a lot of stuff.

For example, my father taught me to read the patterns of the sky. I can tell what time it is just by looking at the sun's rays. They took me to school in all Three Kingdoms so I could learn to protect myself in Azul, Tidal, and here on the Mainland.

They taught me spells, curses, charms, and so many other wonders." Xander stopped. "I miss them." Tyra put her hand on his shoulder. "We'll find them." Right after we complete the prophecy.

Xander smiled. "Right, so about the guard," He opened the vial. Tyra noticed it was filled with a blue liquid. "This thing contains the main ingredient for an illusory spell. If we can put it on the officer, we can create an illusion of our 'parents'."

"What are the other ingredients?" Tyra asked.

"This is a Tidal spell, so it's only fitting if the concoction is made up of sea stuff. We need a pinch of sand, the shell of a sea slug, and the sun's rays."

As he was saying this, Xander put a sprinkle of sand inside the bottle. He opened his backpack and pulled out a shell. Xander closed his eyes and murmured something softly. With inhuman strength, he crushed the shell into tiny particles and put it inside the bottle.

He raised the vial, and the sun touched the glass. The blue liquid swirled inside the container. It turned teal, then aquamarine, then cyan, finally settling for turquoise. Xander put the lid back on. "It's ready."
*******
"IT'S PAST FIVE MINUTES! WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?!" The police roared at the duo.

"Don't worry, they're here." Xander said.

As quick as lightning, Xander opened the vial and poured it on the policewoman . The officer blinked and looked around her.

"Oh, I see your parents. Come inside the cruise." Tyra clapped her hands together. Xander and Tyra followed the officer inside. She said a few words to the guard at the door of the boat. He nodded and opened the gate.

Tyra and Xander stepped inside. "Have fun." The policewoman said to them and left. "When will the spell wear off?" Tyra asked.

"Once the sun sets." Xander said.

"Thanks for not creating a spell that could kill us."

Xander laughed. "You're welcome."
*******
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! 116 reads and 14 stars!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
💙