Chapter 1: "Every Musicians fan, after the curtain comes down."

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" I say still recovering from my drink.

"Are. You. New. Here?" Jill repeats.

"Not necessarily. Great place though, better than the other ones around here."

"Well, I guess the more you come, the better it gets. Almost like a second home, ya know?" She wipes a spot off the counter.

I nod taking another sip from from my drink. "Like your first drink. Strong at first, but ecstasy after a few more sips." I set my cup down.

Jill gives my a friendly smirk. "Hey, what's your name anyway?"

"Diana. Hey, as a matter of fact you were in purple rain. I didn't know you actually worked here."

"I had to find a way to make more income to reach my dream."

"First Avenue. Where dreams come true."

While making herself another drink she repeats my name to herself. "Well Diana, to dreams." We clink glasses proudly.

We continue watching the entertainment, right as he finished his performance.

"Who's he?" I ask.

"Bobby Brown, he just recently left a group called 'New Addition'. Now he's just doing his own thing I guess. But his ex-group members aren't too happy with him right now. I think what he did was right. If he wanted to to be on his own, then don't rain on his parade. The boy is young and just wants to have fun."

"You're only young once." I say ironically before talking the last sip of my White Russian.

I wait for the next performance, but a glare of light is caught from the corner of my eye, which immediately brings my attention to it.

I spot a man with a small Afro and a baseball cap, a bushy mustache under his nose, in an open blue shirt with a white shirt underneath, and some Ray Bans planted on his face. A diverse group of people, whom I assume came with him, followed behind.

"Jill, Who's that?" I nod my head towards him.

"Hmm...I don't know, this is the first time I've seen him here." She shrugs.

"He must be pretty important, if he got into here." I chuckle under my breath.

"That's not true, sometimes 1st Ave let's people in based on their looks."

I nearly choked on my second drink, laughing.

Jill hands me a napkin to wipe my mouth. "You should go talk to him." She says.

I take a minute to think about it.

What could he possibly have, that I'd want?

Taking her advice, I make my way through a crowded table area reaching an empty table next to his and sat watching the next performance.

I can feel his eyes already fixed on me, through his glasses.

I gently turn my head to his direction and flash a flirty smile and a quick wink, then bring my attention back to the show.

"Come here often?"

That was fast..

"Only when I feel. You?" I make full contact.