Recollections Of Yesterday

"Are you going to the councillor?"

"Y-yeah, but I always get so awkward around them."

"Hey, you can talk to me anytime, okay? I'm here."
I attempted to comfort him.

"I think i'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Myself..? Uh- I mean, what about when I can't tell what's real, or how am I supposed to recover with time if I keep experiencing it? Again, and again, increasingly often too!" He started to rouse himself again.

"Hey.. don't work yourself up."

"I'm just confused."

"Tell you what, hop on! I'll take you, i'm going to the station anyway."
I suggested as I motioned to my bicycle.

He adjusted his seating, unsure of where to hold on to.
I kicked off, rickety at first, gaining speed.
"Here we go!"
As we went faster, I hit a small bump, causing me to grip the handles tighter and Wirt wrapped his arms around me in reaction. Although I couldn't see his face, I was fairly sure he was blushing, due to the heat I could feel on my back.

What is going to happen to him?
I saw him genuinely smile yesterday, so that's good.
But if it is getting worse, hows he coping? Whatever it is, I have to be here for him, put on a face.
He needs to feel like I don't think he's crazy, because he isn't.

I slowed to a comfortable pace, the kickoff's over and we're steady now.
Wirt loosened his grip, and quickly put his hands in his lap.
"T-that's alot of f-fog, eh?"

"Eerie. I kinda like it though."

"Ha.. yeah, b-but it's sorta freaking me out-I mean, what if we crash?"

"Then you better prepare yourself, because i'm not stopping!"

"THIS ISN'T EVEN LEGAL, AHHHH!"

I pedaled as hard as I could, just to get a good reaction out of him.
After a full minute of him begging for me to slow, we reached the station.

"Oh. My. God. I thought- *gasps* I thought we were going to die."
He panted, even though he didn't pedal at all.

It's nice.. to see him remotely interacting with the world again.

~Wirt's Perspective

I dragged my tense body off of the bicycle, thanked Sara & headed in with her.
The reception room was decorated with plants, a firm looking couch & desk was centered in the middle with a middle aged man positioned at it.
"Name, please."

"M-me?"

"Yep, name please."

I cringed, I felt insecure about my name, worse about Sara & Wren hearing it too.
"Persimmons, Walter." I whispered just so they couldn't hear.

"Oh-kay, it should just be the next room to your left."

"Thanks."

I waved Sara & headed into the questioning room, except it wasn't like on TV, but rather a meeting space.
Someone patted a chair at the table for twelve, instructing me to sit. The table was smooth & almost filled the entirety of the room, with cushy chairs & a current lack of people.

Wren came in next, kissed her parents & sat a chair away from me.
A boy with black hair, familiar but I couldn't quite put my name on it, sat segregated but still on the same side as us.
He cocked his head around, paid an especially long time rendering my features & then stared uncomfortably at his lap.
Finley came in last, after a bunch of interrogators sat with us & started to prepare important looking documents.

She sat in between Wren and I, then gave me a confused look, to which I shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright, might as well get started. Who wants to tell their story first?"

...
Nobody raised their hand.
After an uncomfortable silence, Finley decided to volunteer.

"I'll do it."
She said coolly.

"Okay, start from when you arrived at the rink, or anything suspicious you might have seen."

"O-okay, I didn't see anything out of place until I noticed a strange old man when Wirt & I arrived at the lockers.
He wore a denim jacket covered in strange, homemade patches, he was a 60 something looking Caucasian, with a grey beard."

People at both ends of the table started to scribble down notes furiously.

"So we went in at about 7:35 then for approximately half an hour we skated & nothing was abnormal.

Then we ate at the café for another half hour period, when Wirt left to go to the toilet I waited outside the café.
Then it got really interesting.
I was still inside the main building when about a dozen people in slightly alternating jackets as the old man started filing into the facility.

The original man started getting closer to me & I grew cautious of what was going on, but I still had to wait for Wirt to meet up with me.

He came within a metre & as I was about to just leave, he gripped my right buttcheek.
Well, I wasn't going to stand for it, I ended up kicking him in the groin.

Then I noticed Wirt was running & foolishly let myself get caught by two men, one of which I smashed cuffs into his face.
Basically it must of been the wrong because I was restrained & they ended up kidnapping people.

The people at this table, except Wirt. So from what I could tell, we were taken to some gross hotel.. Um, this is the sick part, basically the original guy wanted to rape me.
The only thing that actually stopped him was Wirt's brief interruption, letting me carry out my plan.

She stopped, & attempted to hold in tears. Finley's fist clenched & she held her mouth open for a while, deciding on weather to say something else or not.

"But the thing that scared me the most was myself."

"How exactly so miss Ebott?"
One detective looking female asked tenderly.

"Well, it was when I got my hands on a weapon.
I-I was so angry, so ready to defend us...
I was ready to kill.

I'm not ready to deal with that again..."