Chapter 12

Three days had passed since Rose last saw Edward and she couldn't seem to get him or what he said off her mind

Three days had passed since Rose last saw Edward and she couldn't seem to get him or what he said off her mind. She didn't realize how much she enjoyed his company until the second day passed and she found all she wanted to do was sit outside and talk to him nonstop, even if she was only talking about herself.

Don't fall for me Rose. His words plates in her head over and over.

She reached for a tub of mayonnaise and put it in the cart that she was pushing around as age helped her mother to shop for their barbeque.

The weather was perfect for a barbeque, not too hot and not too cool.

"I think we have everything we need dear don't you?" Asked Martha

"Yes mom"

"OK well let's go check out and go get started. I'm sure the kids will be driving the men crazy by now complaining that they're hungry"

Rose smiled and shook her head and turned the cart in the direction of the checkout counter. Just as they got to the line she ran her cart into someone else's that was also about to join the line.

"I'm so sorry"

"Entirely my fault"

At the sound of his voice Rose looked up at his face.

"Rose"

"Edward"

Why do I sound so winded, so embarrassing.

"Edward I'm surprised to see you here. You didn't tell me you needed anything" said Martha

"Oh hello ma'am. I didn't want to have you go out of your way just to come pick me up some vegetables and tub of chocolate ice cream"

"Oh I see. That's very considerate of you"

"I appreciate your concern ma'am. Thank you"

"Say Edward, we're having a barbeque at my house today. You'll stop by won't you?"

Rose quickly looked at her mother but stayed quiet.

"That sounds like fun, I'll be there. Do you want me to carry anything?" Asked Edward

"Just your empty stomach. About three o'clock should be good"

Edward chuckled. "I can do that. Thank you for inviting me"

"See you later dear"

Rose held her head down but she could feel his stare when he finish checking out his items them walked away.

"What was that about?" Asked Martha

"What do you mean?"

"You suddenly loosing the ability to speak as soon as Edward was standing here"