Chapter 2

How can one man cause my heart rate to accelerate with just one glance? And more importantly how is it fair for that same man to be so devastatingly good looking

How can one man cause my heart rate to accelerate with just one glance? And more importantly how is it fair for that same man to be so devastatingly good looking. The man is perfection to look at.

Rose waved to the other customers that greeted her as she walked into the diner trying to find a vacant table for and her daughter Emma. So distracted by her thoughts she almost walked by a empty table, that is until Emma pulled on her hand and pointed to the table.

She sat down and stared blindly at the menu she picked up.

Dark wavy hair that looked to be no doubt soft and smooth to the touch, perfectly unblemished olive skin as far as the eyes could see, dark unwavering brown eyes that sent shivers down your spine at just one glance, his lips just the right shade and perfectly full. His voice is what made her go weak at the knees. His voice was a smooth silvery tone with an accent and edge that made you want to listen to him speak.

"So are you going to order or keep staring at the menu?"

Rose was startled out of her thoughts as Zelda snapped her fingers in front of her face. She quickly rattled off a order of pancakes for Emma and French toast eggs for herself. When she glances at the door where she had bumped into the mysterious stranger she saw him give her a curious look then a small frown that didn't belong on a face such as his appeared. She watched as he slipped on his sunglasses and turn and walk to his car parked across the street.

Snap out of it Rose the last thing you need is to get distracted by another drifter passing through town that's going to sweep you off your feet then leave you heartbroken and knocked up with baby number two.

She glanced over at Emma who was now busy cooling in her drawing book a habit that she has had ever since she first held a pencil. Wherever the was Emma her drawing book was close by.

"What are you drawing this time?" Asked Rose.

"The man with the funny voice we just saw"

"Sweetheart its not polite to say that"

"But mommy he said it was alright"

"Well I say its not alright"

"OK"