Chapter Fourteen

A/N before you guys read the last chapter, let me just tell you how much it truly means to have you reading my story. It amazes me how 1700 (as of this morning) people actually liked my sorry enough to read it and add it to their libraries and wait for me to update it! And the fact that these people reading this now are still reading and following my book! I haven't decided on a sequel yet but a few people requested one so I'll probably make one. I'm writing like 7 fanfictions now but I haven't published them all. Without further ado, here you go! Chapter 14!
__________________________
Chapter 14- Maddie's POV
{flashback is over from last chapter}
"I remember." I stated. Josh stared into my eyes, not believing what I had just told him. Then a huge smile spread across his face. "You remember everything?!" He said, obviously excited.
"Well that's the thing. I don't remember everything. I need it all to come back to me I haven't given it enough time."
A nervous look washed over his face, followed by relief, but was covered by a less genuine grin. Huh?
Chloe walked over, coming from the kitchen. Her mom was out with her little sister Clara for the day, so Chloe had to cook dinner. "Hey Josh." She said. "Maddie I think you should sit down alone for a while so you can start to remember things clearer."
"Yeah that's a good idea you should rest Mad." Josh's voice trembled.

I left the room, wondering what that was all about. Why was Josh acting so distant all of a sudden? I could've sworn he was hiding something. . .

~Chloe's POV~
"Do you think she'll remember... uh well you know what I mean." Josh whispered once Maddie was out of hearing distance.
"I'm not sure. You should've told her. She's gonna be a mess." I said sympathetically.
"Maybe she won't remember." Josh suggested.
"We can hope." I stated back.
"I feel horrible. That's why I was waiting for her everyday at the hospital. When she woke up and was excited to see me I got confused. She told me that I was the only one she remembered and I felt special. I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth... So I lied. But she didn't remember everything about our past. Even if she thinks she did."

~Maddie's POV~
I woke up after my quick nap and looked at the time. 5:06 in the afternoon. And then...
And then everything came flooding back to me.

|flashback|
August 2nd. I checked the time. 4:45. Josh Hyland was supposed to meet me at the school courtyard 45 minutes ago and I was still waiting. Pathetic, aren't I? He told me to meet him here because he had a surprise. Maybe I messed it up... Maybe he really said 5. I'll wait 15 more minutes. Maybe it was true that I loved Josh but it's not like him to stand me up. We've been dating for a while and this hasn't happened once. What if something happened to him?

20 minutes went by. So I left. I left without seeing him. He had officially stood me up. I sent him a text.
Maddie: happy?
No reply.
You know what was funny though? I went to get coffee but on the walk there I couldn't stop crying. My heart was broken. I was overreacting. I walked into the cozy little coffees shop with mascara running down my face. I wiped my face with my hand and then rubbed it off on my blue summer dress. I ordered a cappuccino and took money out of my silver handbag to pay for it. The lady handed me my drink and I turned around. Guess what I saw when I turned around. Josh. Sitting in a booth. With another girl. Kissing.
I dropped my coffee, the hot liquid burning my skin and staining my dress. My heart smashed into pieces and I heard it loud and clear, although the sound could easily be mistaken for glass from the mug shattering.
I whipped out my phone and sent him another text.
Maddie: wow. And I thought I was pathetic waiting for you.
His phone buzzed next to him and he pulled away from the girl, whose face I still couldn't see, to look at the text. His face grew pale when he read what I was assuming to be the message I just sent him. Josh looked up and saw me standing there crying. I ran out before he could catch up to me, only looking back once more. The girl behind him was Chloe. My best friend. Excuse me, sorry my mistake, my ex-best friend.
|flashback over|

I cried, wishing I hadn't remembered that. I was so happy with Josh but he lied to me! And so did my best friend! They pretended nothing had ever happened but it had. They took advantage of my memory loss. Chloe knew the whole time didn't she? Josh had told her in the beginning. She didn't need me to tell her. Anything. I hated her. I hated him. I screamed. I was alone. I had nobody. Scratch that, I only had two people in my life. My BEST friend Paige and my sister Mackenzie. I wanted nothing to do with Chloe and Josh ever again. They deliberately hurt me then lied to me. I stormed out of the guest room I was staying in. Maybe I'll move into Kendall's house, she's my friend.

Josh and Chloe were sitting in the living room when I got there. I ignored them, and headed towards the door.
"Maddie wait!" Chloe called after me.
"IM NOT GOING TO WAIT. I WAITED ONCE IN THE COURTYARD AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT." I screamed to her.

"Listen Mads." Josh started to walk towards me. He grabbed my wrist.
"Fine I'll listen what were you going to say Josh?"
He paused. Nothing.
"That's what I thought." I said, and tugged my arm from his tight grip.
I ran to the door and yelled: "I HATE YOU JOSH HYLAND I HATE YOU. AND CHLOE LUKASIAK I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU EVER AGAIN. JUST DON'T TALK TO ME."
__________________________

~the end~